Dinner 14th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we're on holiday and so far we've had more food in two days than I'd normally eat in a week! I'm NOT stepping on my scale when I get home!

Tonight we're having friends stop by for dinner. (They happen to be holidaying nearby, what a cool coincidence!) I'll do pork tenderloin on the grill, potatoes too, the salad will be a coleslaw since I have two bags of the stuff to use. I'll put out a fruit plate of strawberries, blackberries and blueberries to nibble. I don't have anything to do for a cooked veg so hopefully we'll figure something out there. They're bringing dessert.

Hope your enjoying your holidays Alix :)

Your meal tonight sounds lovely!

I really didn't get very inspired at the grocery so I'm doing an old stand-by of mushroom Swiss chicken with baked potatoes and salads.

Tuesday 8/14/12
Pork Stir Fry

img_1175948_0_46822cd66812705b7dd2a03c42ddc34a.jpg

Sausage, peppers & onions with cheese-filled ravioli.
Java chip ice cream for desert.

Grilled jerk chicken wings here tonight.
No peppers of any kind, so I'll use the jarred stuff someone brought me back from Jamaica, mon ;)

Fish and chips tonight. Haddock. Planned it a few days ago but it never happened. Then, across the street to the ice cream shop for a cone of maple walnut...
thought it would be rocksalmon....rock!!? not sure what fish it really is but the fish & chip shops over here,in the south fry it/call it that.
love haddock,much tastier than cod imo rock

Just for you tom!!

love liver,not had liver for ages,love chicken livers,toms thread about livers got me thinkin'....so,if you read this tom,cheers mate:) i cooked this last night & at less than one shiny british pound for 12ozs of pure meat is there better value than chicken livers?
CHICKEN LIVERS,SMOKED BACON,SINGLE CLOVE GARLIC HEAD,SHALLOTS & CHILLI IN BALSAMICO & WHITE WINE WITH SAFFRON ORZO PASTA.the balsamico gives it that dark,sticky sweet/sour coating that i love with liver

Attachments

• CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 001.JPG
    CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 001.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 176
  • CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 002.JPG
    CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 002.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 140
  • CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 003.JPG
    CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 003.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 140
  • CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 004.JPG
    CHICKEN LIVERS & BACON 004.JPG