Dinner 14th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salmorejo Cordóbesa

At 14.30 Hours, we shall have an Andalusian Thick Tomato Soup which is prepared quite differently from Gazpacho Málagueño ... It is not prepared with cucumber nor bell peppers.

Salmorejo: day old bread, over ripe juicy red tomatoes deseeded & peeled, Evoo, Jeréz de La Frontera Sherry Vinegar, salt, freshly ground Black pepper, minced garlic and served with hard boiled egg & Iberian Jabugo Acorn Fed Ham ... ( see photo of the dish )

*** Photo Courtesy: The Parador of Cordóba, Spanish National Hotel Network.

Attachments

• SALMOREJO.jpg
    SALMOREJO.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I'm thinking something with chicken but not sure just what it will be yet. I just finished my morning cup of coffee! I'm out of mile so a run to the store will be necessary today so may look and see if I get inspired at the store.

Steve,

I am 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Seaboard ... So, our main meal, Lunch ( la comida ) is served at 14.30 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. ( 2.30 to 3 pm ).

17.00 to 19.00 hrs. ( 5pm to 7pm ) is Merienda which is cocktail or coffee hour ... a tiny snack of choice ...

Dinner is 21.00 hrs. ( 9pm ) and is normally very light ...

Have nice August.
Margi.

Last edited:
Might have to kick up a fire and make jerk chicken this evening. Rice and peas. Might fry up some plantains to go with it. Hmm....this might need rum to guarantee fortitude.

Steve,

I am 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Seaboard ... So, our main meal, Lunch ( la comida ) is served at 14.30 hrs. - 15.00 hrs. ( 2.30 to 3 pm ).

17.00 to 19.00 hrs. ( 5pm to 7pm ) is Merienda which is cocktail or coffee hour ... a tiny snack of choice ...

Have nice August.
Margi.
Yes. I know.

Steve,

Have nice August.
Margi.
No more long midday break and working until 20:00?

Brown lentils cooked in chicken broth, ham bone, salt, pepper, garlic clove and small diced carrots over white rice. It'll be hot here today, so I'm cooking it all early and just reheating later.

Well, we're on holiday and so far we've had more food in two days than I'd normally eat in a week! I'm NOT stepping on my scale when I get home!

Tonight we're having friends stop by for dinner. (They happen to be holidaying nearby, what a cool coincidence!) I'll do pork tenderloin on the grill, potatoes too, the salad will be a coleslaw since I have two bags of the stuff to use. I'll put out a fruit plate of strawberries, blackberries and blueberries to nibble. I don't have anything to do for a cooked veg so hopefully we'll figure something out there. They're bringing dessert.

Leftover chicken kabob's turned into a stir fry. We had bacon wrapped chicken kabobs with marinated mushrooms and slices of onion, peppers and pineapple. Grilled brushed with teriyaki marinate. Tonight's leftovers will be stir fried with noodles.

Hmm... I am slam out of scotch bonnet peppers for my jerk chicken.
Do y'all think the cooking gods will condemn me for substituting jalapeños?

More important than the cooking gods, will Mrs. Hoot condemn you (or worse)?

I took some sweet Italian sausages out of the freezer. I'll grill them along with some green pepper and onion for dinner tonight.

i'm going to stop by dw's favourite fish monger on the way home from work tonight. she wants grouper, so we'll be having broiled grouper, baked spuds, and steamed stringbeans.

Lovely layout there Margi :)

At 14.30 Hours, we shall have an Andalusian Thick Tomato Soup which is prepared quite differently from Gazpacho Málagueño ... It is not prepared with cucumber nor bell peppers.

Salmorejo: day old bread, over ripe juicy red tomatoes deseeded & peeled, Evoo, Jeréz de La Frontera Sherry Vinegar, salt, freshly ground Black pepper, minced garlic and served with hard boiled egg & Iberian Jabugo Acorn Fed Ham ... ( see photo of the dish )

*** Photo Courtesy: The Parador of Cordóba, Spanish National Hotel Network.

Back
Top Bottom