"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Master Chef
Dinner 2-24-2016 ~ What's it gonna be Wednesday?

It's a gloomy, rainy day, so I'm making happy food - pasta. I plan on tossing together: prosciutto ribbons, arugula, ricotta, shallot, all mixed with linguine. Topping it with chopped walnuts; can't decide between Romano or Parma cheese as the "snow". Probably a salad on the side.

Your plans?

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Cooked up some burger and seasonings, have lettuce, will travel, so it looks like taco salads!

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Well, I was thinking Chinese stir-fry, since DH was supposed to go to the store today, but since it's pouring down rain and threatening a tornado, that's deferred. So, Plan B: I'm going to make chicken schnitzel with spätzle and braised green beans. I'm also going to make a chicken gravy for the noodles with pan drippings, caramelized onions and homemade beer mustard. Getting the onions started now.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #4
Master Chef
I'm thinking about making cheese enchiladas and heating up a can of refried black beans as a side. Sure does sound good. But....the big beautiful artichokes sitting in the fridge are calling my name, so it might end up being one of those with a big bowl of watermelon on the side. Decisions, decisions....
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef
I'm defrosting a meal of minestrone soup and a ball of pizza dough. I'm going to make baguette-type bread from the dough.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
Executive Chef
Dinner is an elite repeat from yesterday- sloppy joe's on party size buns, fools me into thinking I have a lot on my plate and they're only half the size. Also will slice some more cabbage for cole slaw. Good thing I like cole slaw as I have about a half cabbage.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
Sous Chef
Chicken thighs in a bacon pesto cream sauce over pasta, garden salad.
tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Master Chef
Baked cod and cabbage salad.
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Master Chef
We survived the tornado warning. It got a bit dicey there for a while but no damage done. In light of the fact that the next wave of tornado activity will be here around suppertime and choir rehearsal, the church cancelled choir. Hence, I get to stay home tonight. I put a ham in the oven and a pan of scalloped cabbage. It's smelling really good!
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
Head Chef

I had to use up an egg white (dislike freezing them) so I made a variation on my chinese style chicken recipe. I used turkey.

It involves mixing eggwhite with cornflour (I used potato flour), crushed garlic and soy. Marinade the chunked poultry for at least 20 mins and then fry in this 'batter' mix. Very tasty. The batter seals in the flavour and the garlic and soy give it extra taste.

Had it with toasted sour dough bread, lambs lettuce and ketchup!

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt" (Charles M. Shulz)
creative is offline   Reply With Quote