Dinner 2-26-2015 ~ Thirsty Thursday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It will be at our house if my two new recipes aren't that good! :LOL:

We're so tired of this extremely cold, heavily snowed-upon winter, so I decided to take us on an adventure to Jamaica. I'll be popping chicken breasts into the crock pot with a mix of seasonings and liquids, will make a side dish of "rice and peas", and Himself will go back to perfecting our version of the Painkiller drink. If the dinner is really good, we may be happy with one drink apiece. If it's not, our drinks are limited only by how much pineapple juice we have. :yum:

I'll report on the food tastes later tonight and post the recipes if they turn out good. Meanwhile, time for you to share what you'll be making so we can get more good ideas.

I'm at a loss. I don't much feel like cooking, and I'm tired of chicken. Its cold but all I want is BBQ steak. Might just have to go out into the cold and bite the bullet, or the striploin as the case may be.

Think it is going to have to be steak, potatoes and green bean casserole tonight.

I'm making hot and sour soup tonight. We'll supplement that with egg rolls from the local take-out place.

With all the talk about cauliflower, I'll be roasting some for an early dinner this afternoon. :yum:

Not real sure of what else, maybe a stuffed bell pepper and fruit salad.

We get a take and bake United Way fundraiser of lasagna, garlic bread, and chocolate cake tonight. Good thing, as I'm rather tired of Italian beef after a week of it!

I took a round of pizza dough out of the freezer along with a tub of sauce. I'll put together pizza later adding smoked sausage, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms and onions.

Steve is on his way down the the San Franando Valley (50 miles) to see the dentist he refuses to give up since he lived down there seven years ago. He's going to pick up dinner down there from Fireside Grill...the best ever 1/2 grilled chickens, so no cooking tonight for me.

Change of plans. We're going to have crepes for dinner. I will do some eggs and some ham and we have avocado and tomato and cucumbers. Dessert crepes will have raspberries, strawberries and bananas...mmmmmmmm!

I pan fried a bone in pork chop, nuked then baked a sweet potato and made a small scalloped cabbage casserole. No Leftovers !

I see several of you are having soup in order to warm up enough to shake the frost from your nose. Me too!
Cream of tomato soup and two grilled cheese sandwiches. The cheese for the sandwiches is sharp cheddar. Even the canned Campbell's tomato soup gets a touch of embellishment from a selection of spices. A little of this... a dash of that... who can remember? All I know is it was delicious! :yum: :chef:

Another gloriously grey, gloomy, windy and cold day. Well, what else should I say? Seems as though I should be enthusiastic about this mess, so I will.

In any event, we had a small grilled steak that we split, a plate of fried green tomatoes, steamed rice instead of baked potato, iced tea and the last of the Mardi Gras king cake for dessert. We're sufficiently full.

I made two meals tonight one for SO & one for myself. Hers was venison pepper steak w/rice in a honey soy sauce. And I had Antelope steaks marinated in a pepper sauce w/ rice & corn.

img_1411301_0_fd2d560d4cd98dcf059ec7951013f089.jpg

img_1411301_1_fe9c3cc0b34c15bd1b080fb8b96ac668.jpg

img_1411301_2_f16164ffac191526f6b673d4ffe293e2.jpg

Winner Dinner here! Himself and I both agreed that the jerk seasoning needs more "zing", but since my taste buds don't "do" spicy, I reminded him it's baby steps. :LOL: In spite of the mild spice, everything was good. AND Himself perfectly nailed a duplicate to Bahama Breeze's "Painkiller". Right now, I'm happy - ya, mon.
******Edit: almost forgot the recipes. Oops.
Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
Classic Jamaican Rice and Peas
It's a proprietary recipe for the Painkiller. Actually, I'm not really sure how much Himself used of each ingredient...

Attachments

• 2015-02-26 20.23.45.jpg
    2015-02-26 20.23.45.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom