Dinner 2-7-2019 ~ National Periodic Table Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is National Periodic Table Day. While we're all using "O" even right this moment, will you be using any other in your cooking today? I'm pretty sure I'll be using "Na".

I'll be sauteing up Italian sausages, colorful bell peppers, and onions. I'll serve it on top of polenta and top with fresh grated Grana Padano. What's cooking up at your place?

PS - RIP Frank Robinson. You were a heck of a player, and a ground-breaking team manager.

Tasso pasta, homemade tasso ham, onion, carrot, garlic, yellow and green squash, plus chicken broth and cream, with some Parm stirred in right before serving.

Right off hand, I can't think of any Periodic Table puns that work with lasagna, which is my plan for this cold evening.

CD

Not being up on periodic tables, I had to look up 'O' and 'Na'. I should have at least known 'O'. :)

I made a meat loaf today. I'll set aside about a third of it to use up the next few days, the rest will be sliced and portioned out, and vacuum sealed for the freezer.

Sides for the meat loaf this afternoon will be roasted red potatoes and once those are nearly done, I'll add some asparagus to the roasting pan. I like asparagus crisp-tender. :yum:

SC and I went to the movies, and had a nice late lunch so much later, it's maybe a self made sandwich of leftover rare rib eye from last night.

Green Book was a movie well worth seeing...

I used Chromium and Molybdenum while slicing veggies today for my birds, and Manganese and Aluminum in my soda/takeout.

Walking across the room earlier, I stumbled and fell and ended up with my Ne the floor. Later I was feeling hungry and wanted to get my C so I considered pasta for dinner.

Then I tried karaoke but since I have Sn ear, it wasn't solid Au.

That's it for now. "I don't want to be a B the topic. Besides, all my ideas Ar.

Oh, by the way, I had kielbasa and tater tots for dinner.

I know that I had a high Na day, with all the Chinese food I had! Didn't make as much as I was planning on, but later in the New Yesr, I'll make some more.

:LOL: I had to really think about this one,,, I USE to be very good at my Periodic Table of Elements (I minored in Science).

SO... I used my AL pan to make us breakfast
014.JPG

Then I needed to change the LI batteries in my remote and cleaned my AU jewelry (`cuz I'm allergic to AG) will I was at it.

To top the day off, I used my CU bottomed saucepan to make some Turkey Noodle Soup for supper, served with a Club House Sandwich, made from my homemade Whole Wheat Bread.
018.JPG

Wow, kgirl - great looking breakfast and dinner! :chef::yum:
-------------
Today's meat loaf turned out wonderful - best I've ever made. Held together well, while still being very tender.

Figures - I had a pound and a half of ground beef that needed used, and threw everything together while watching a movie. I'll probably never be able to re-create it. :LOL:

Last edited:
I had tuna salad on a roll I made from pizza dough. I hope the tuna wasn't full of Hg.

Cool video Andy. It has Danish subtitles! I have heard the song before, but I don't think I've seen this video before.

Back
Top Bottom