Dinner 20th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having my favorite thing when I'm on my own...bacon, tomato and egg..the combination of tastes is fantastic!

Kylie´s Pasta

Very lovely and very simple to prepare ... we purchased fresh prawns at the harbour early this morning and fresh tomatoes at the Central Historic Farmer´s Market ...

Thanks Kylie, a very lovely dish ...

Margaux.

Tonight we'll have Ruben sandwiches with German potato salad. I've had a craving and finally got all the ingredients together.

Argh--change of plans--I've been summoned to go the farm--DH didn't finish picking all the beans. I'm going to pack up the zucchini pasta, etc. Hopefully, the wayward ones will be back in their coop by 7:00 p.m.

Beef stew w/Bisquick dumplings (just like my mom used to make). I'm looking forward to it but my husband is not so much. He's a Czech and if it isn't Gulash it isn't a stew in his book. Actually no, he does like Beef Burgundy.

Fish salad for me. Can't be bothered cooking much, got an addiction to seafood at the moment, so a win all round. Having a homemade tomato sauce mixed into the salad, then serving the fish on top. Lazy day/past 2 weeks.

A few weeks ago I "bought" (free with my Swag Bucks) a $25 gift card for O'Charley's so we will be going there for supper. I'm thinking a nice big medium-rare prime rib is in my near future! Probably steak for James. :yum::yum:

Very lovely and very simple to prepare ... we purchased fresh prawns at the harbour early this morning and fresh tomatoes at the Central Historic Farmer´s Market ...

Thanks Kylie, a very lovely dish ...

Margaux.

Margi, I am so pleased that you enjoyed this dish, it would have tasted superb with fresh prawns and tomatoes :)

I had picked up a few of the Hatfield pork tenderloins on sale a few weeks ago, going to cook one of them on the grill tonight along with some zucchini and yellow squash. Think I'll make myself a plate of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil too.

I'm making zucchini pasta tonight. I'm adding some sauteed tiger shrimp, avocado, and using chia seeds instead of hemp seeds. I will be using some of my Swiss Chard pesto instead of the pesto described. Can hardly wait to taste this!

Steven and Chris | Cleanse-Friendly Zucchini Pasta
I skipped the olives, added avocado, tiger shrimp, sweet pepper, fresh tomatoes (yellow pear and grape tomatoes) a bit of grated parm. It was very good. The spirolli is so much fun to use. Unfortunately, my digital camera no longer likes rechargeable batteries...I have to get some regular batteries for it. Darn.

Must be a shrimpy kind of night! I've got some shrimp thawing on the counter, and I've got a zucchini all ready to go. I'll likely go pick some tomatoes, and maybe some hot peppers too. I'll see what else there is to toss in there and call it dinner. I think pasta sounds good too.

I'm using up some leftovers, based on a recipe in the book "On Top of Spaghetti." I sauteed onion, garlic and celery, added red wine, chicken broth and tomato juice and a spoonful of leftover pesto and simmered a bit. Then added chopped leftover pork chops and homegrown, roasted Roma tomatoes and simmered some more. Now I'm baking a "take 'n bake" third of French bread to make garlic bread and will serve all this with penne pasta. It's almost ready :yum:

SO is once again on an Atkins diet so I get dragged into it a little too. Tonight I grilled a kielbasa and we had it with fresh veggies.

Soft scramble eggs with green onions and jalapeno peppers. Caesar salad with a very lemony garlicky dressing with a mashed anchovy in the dressing. Sliced a tomato to surround the salad. The plate looked real purty before I dug into it.

I made an old school "Tamale Pie"....it's been a very long time since I made it. Now I remember why it was such a hit back in the day. :yum:
I used to make a mole tamale pie...I think the recipe was in Bon Appetit or Gourmet in the late '80s. It had a cornmeal crust...it was very good and I've often thought about making it again...care to share your recipe/ingredient list?

Back
Top Bottom