Dinner 20th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning everyone :)

Errands and some shopping on my "to do" list today, then home to tackle the clutter that never seems to be put away.

Dinner tonight will be beef stew over buttered noodles, and roasted brussel sprouts.

Enjoy the day :chef:

Stirling is going to the dentist and will have something unpleasant done. He will want something he doesn't need to chew and that doesn't have any spicy heat.

Other than soup, does anyone have any suggestions?

Stirling is going to the dentist and will have something unpleasant done. He will want something he doesn't need to chew and that doesn't have any spicy heat.

Any kind of pasta with non tomato based sauces would work. Smoothies, mashed potatoes, rice dishes. A favorite of my DH's was cream of chicken soup with rice. We change it up every now and then and add some chopped broccoli. If you cook the broccoli down enough to be soft before you add it in it is easy to eat without chewing.

Here I'm thinking of doing up some chicken and stuffing with broccoli. Maybe some salads too.

Any kind of pasta with non tomato based sauces would work. Smoothies, mashed potatoes, rice dishes. A favorite of my DH's was cream of chicken soup with rice. We change it up every now and then and add some chopped broccoli. If you cook the broccoli down enough to be soft before you add it in it is easy to eat without chewing.

Here I'm thinking of doing up some chicken and stuffing with broccoli. Maybe some salads too.
Thank you. :flowers: I hadn't thought of mashed potatoes. I could mash other root vegis as well.

We only use unpolished rice, so our rice needs to be chewed. If the broccoli is cooked enough to be soft, Stirling won't eat it and I won't like it. :LOL:

A nice egg custard or an eggnog.

A nice egg custard or an eggnog.
Or maybe even a nice, soft French omelette.

This is great. I now have some options.

Keep the ideas coming. I won't know until late this afternoon if he can chew something soft or will be limited to drinking stuff.

Or maybe even a nice, soft French omelette.

This is great. I now have some options.

Keep the ideas coming. I won't know until late this afternoon if he can chew something soft or will be limited to drinking stuff.
What veggies does he like best? How about a nice onion soup, Fruits are nice you could puree some an chill them for him.I make a fresh veggie soup thicken it with a little cream and even the kids love it. If I can help PM me.
kades

Something I like when my throat is bad and I can't swallow anything chewed very well is macaroni with a nice cheesy cream sauce. I can't have cheddar very much so I used a blend of gruyere and havarti. I do a bechemel (white) sauce and add in the cheese, then pour over hot noodles of any kind.

I got a cut up fryer chicken yesterday. Usually I buy them whole and cut as I want, but this was nicer looking and cheaper so I took it. Going to make my deviled chicken and serve with rice for DH and egg noodles for me. Steamed cauliflower and broccoli on the side.

...Keep the ideas coming. I won't know until late this afternoon if he can chew something soft or will be limited to drinking stuff.
Spinach Sorbet...I had a sample at Whole Foods from a Vitamix demonstrator. Easy and delicious. The coolness of it might be soothing as well. Give him our best.

No knead bread (AWESOME!) and Sausage, kale and bean soup (FANTASTIC!).

img_1188021_0_2bfa15f5565fab23fe3a53a7a35e2817.jpg

img_1188021_1_5128233d7ee8ef841dcfb3fe01ee4861.jpg

img_1188021_2_62f1c820b625cd31f12668c03e876a75.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sooo yummy, MsM!

I prepared the oyster stew today with a full pint of oysters and 3 bottles of clam juice plus a can of minced clams, I added the oysters, but didn't cook them oysters in the broth yet. I put it in the fridge to marinate overnight to get that oyster flavor throughout the broth.

Dinner will be leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Breakfast tomorrow will be oyster stew!

Last edited:
Looks sooo yummy, MsM!

I prepared the oyster stew today with a full pint of oysters and 3 bottles of clam juice plus a can of minced clams, I added the oysters, but didn't cook them oysters in the broth yet. I put it in the fridge to marinate overnight to get that oyster flavor throughout the broth.

Dinner will be leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Breakfast tomorrow will be oyster stew!
Thank you Z.

Last edited by a moderator:
msmofet said:
No knead bread (AWESOME!) and Sausage, kale and bean soup (FANTASTIC!).

Wonderful, MsM! I trust you will be posting the recipes (hint hint).

Added a little more sauce and heated up the bake bean casserole and country ribs that I didn't get to yesterday. The pork was pull apart tender. Lettuce Salad and sliced tomato red onion with blue cheese dressing.

Back
Top Bottom