Dinner 23rd October, Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leek and potato soup with a dollop of sour cream and grilled cheese (whole grain spelt bread, Jarlsberg, onion slices, and salsa). I never made leek and potato soup before. My goodness, that was quick and easy. It's the kind of soup that tastes better and better as you eat it. Lots left for the freezer and for easy "soup du jour" - puree leftover vegis and stir into the soup, Julia Child's suggestion.

Doing something really different for me... Haddock in a foil pack with some tomatos.. lemon.. basil.. garlic..olive oil and a dash of white wine... Brussel sprouts simmered in chicken stock then sautee in a little butter to finish.. might have a potato of some kind.

Great meals, all!

I'm doing a nuked quiche, have a bunch of hot and mild peppers, spinach dip, dehydrated tomatoes, and green onions to use up, so what the heck.

image-716420943.jpg

Whoa. Cough. Perhaps a bit too many hot peppers! Otherwise, gasp, it tastes pretty good. (Wipes forehead).

image-2271169726.jpg

Last edited:
Today is the afternoon I read to a blind friend. I had a great subject matter, a mutual friend just got back from China a wrote a great travelogue. But I usually don't feel much like cooking, and made fried bologna and cheese sandwiches. Sometimes comfort food is best!

Back
Top Bottom