Dinner 23rd September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH won tickets to a chili cookoff/classic car show, so I'm guessing various chilis, cheeses, and desserts. Should be fun, the tickets are worth $50 apiece!

DL...sounds great, well done on hubby winning the tickets!

Hope you both have a great time :)

Dawgluver said:
DH won tickets to a chili cookoff/classic car show, so I'm guessing various chilis, cheeses, and desserts. Should be fun, the tickets are worth $50 apiece!

Fun!!! I bet you are having a great time!

Some kind of leftovers tonight. We have had company since Thursday afternoon so there was a lot of cooking and eating going on here. We have smoked pork shoulder and lasagna left over from two different meals and there is the other
(uncooked) half of a salmon in the freezer, that will probably have to wait for another night ( too late tonight) ahh decisions, decisions ;)

Complete 180 here, I found some leftovers in the fridge that needed to be used up, so I had a piece of Salisbury Steak and some mashed potato along with a salad.

We are just working on my chicken soup, having a bowl now and then. I made it more traditional as our stomachs aren't up for the Asian flavours I used last time. It's good though! :)

image-2198910579.jpg

I want both of these, and the chili was great!

Attachments

• image-1719991978.jpg
    image-1719991978.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I tried a new recipe from my Danish email weekly menu. It was a success. It's called "bankekød med enebær". That means pounded meat with juniper berries. Bankekød med enebær og kartoffelmos. The email recommends serving it with mashed potatoes and cranberry preserves. I served it with mashed potatoes, mixed vegis with butter, garlic, and ginger, and Cranberry Fire with wild orange brandy 315 ml : Peppermaster. Oh my, that Cranberry Fire was wonderful (go look, buy some - it's a friend of mine who makes it). It went well with the meal.

I will be using juniper berries again. They added a lovely subtle flavour and a wonderful note to the aroma.

I decided to put two ideas (tuna salad and pea salad) together, so I made tuna-pea (hmmm, that doesn't sound good, let's start over!), I made pea-tuna salad for supper. Frozen baby peas (straight from the freezer), canned solid white albacore, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped dill pickle, and enough Miracle Whip to hold it together. It was really good! Our church is having a dinner after the service next week, and I may make this again to bring. One change I will make is to add some kind of seasoning to the Miracle Whip before adding it. Garlic or something. I loved it, but if I got a bite without pickle in it, it was slightly bland. Also, we were starving, so we ate it right after I made it, so the flavors hadn't had much of a chance to blend.

First run of Bakechef's Pumkin Spice Bars. Man are they good!! Thank you for the recipe Bakechef.

img_1188994_0_c8b919b2f9c85c6617b4222292c4ad3a.jpg

img_1188994_1_4801f8cae75c8c39971650e101a6b06d.jpg

img_1188994_2_9baf29d3b880ec78f06a074cafe41eef.jpg

I decided to put two ideas (tuna salad and pea salad) together, so I made tuna-pea (hmmm, that doesn't sound good, let's start over!), I made pea-tuna salad for supper. Frozen baby peas (straight from the freezer), canned solid white albacore, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped dill pickle, and enough Miracle Whip to hold it together. It was really good! Our church is having a dinner after the service next week, and I may make this again to bring. One change I will make is to add some kind of seasoning to the Miracle Whip before adding it. Garlic or something. I loved it, but if I got a bite without pickle in it, it was slightly bland. Also, we were starving, so we ate it right after I made it, so the flavors hadn't had much of a chance to blend.

Well, Barbara, you could call it ptuna salad -- you know, like pneumonia - or ptomaine. :innocent:

Dawgluver said:
I want both of these, and the chili was great!

Nice. I have another Car show next weekend to go to. No chili at mine though. :(

I tried a new recipe from my Danish email weekly menu. It was a success. It's called "bankekød med enebær". That means pounded meat with juniper berries. Bankekød med enebær og kartoffelmos. The email recommends serving it with mashed potatoes and cranberry preserves. I served it with mashed potatoes, mixed vegis with butter, garlic, and ginger, and Cranberry Fire with wild orange brandy 315 ml : Peppermaster. Oh my, that Cranberry Fire was wonderful (go look, buy some - it's a friend of mine who makes it). It went well with the meal.

I will be using juniper berries again. They added a lovely subtle flavour and a wonderful note to the aroma.
Oh, yum, yum, yum! That sounds good! I think I'd go with lingonberry preserve instead of cranberries.

I lent my neighbour some flour yesterday and her daughter brought it back today...in the form of a very fresh loaf of homemade bread.

So this, covered in a very light coat of butter (a cholesterol compromise as nothing beats real butter on fresh bread) with a bowl of chicken soup is my dinner! :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom