Dinner 23rd September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a roast lamb with roast carrots, parsnip and potatoes

We are also making a red wine gravy :chef:

Sounds like a good plan Bea :)

Our roast was so lovely, best roast I have had for ages :chef:

Due to my crazy sleep habits, I already had dinner. Liver and onions with garlic. My iron level is low again. A lifelong problem. :angel:

I don't know yet..today is menu planning and grocery shopping day. Once I see what is in the freezer and what is on sale I'll decide. I still have a lot of peppers in the garden, so maybe I'll get creative with those....

My step-niece is getting married today in the Outer Banks. We'll head that direction in a few and have dinner there at the reception so I haven't a clue! But we'll be in the Outer Banks so it will be good! One of my favorite places to be!

I am thinking of surprising my honey with some frosted flake chicken that his mom used to make or BBQ chip chicken. As far as sides I think I might be lazy today and get the steam fresh bags. Unless my wondering eye in the grocery store gets my imagination and my taste buds going. :)

We have a tiny bit of fall in the air today, so I'm getting ready to put a big pot of split pea soup on. It'll have a bunch of nice big ham shanks, onions and bay leaves. It won't be long before the house smells wonderful.

I have dough proofing for a pair of baguettes we'll have with the soup and, after the bread has baked, the German Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars will go in the oven. Those will complete our meal. Iced tea is the beverage of choice to wash it all down.

DH won tickets to a chili cookoff/classic car show, so I'm guessing various chilis, cheeses, and desserts. Should be fun, the tickets are worth $50 apiece!

I had a request for parmesan chicken here at home so that's likely what I will leave for the family. I'll be eating at work tonight so likely we will make ginger beef and rice for dinner.

We have a tiny bit of fall in the air today, so I'm getting ready to put a big pot of split pea soup on. It'll have a bunch of nice big ham shanks, onions and bay leaves. It won't be long before the house smells wonderful.

I have dough proofing for a pair of baguettes we'll have with the soup and, after the bread has baked, the German Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars will go in the oven. Those will complete our meal. Iced tea is the beverage of choice to wash it all down.

Thank you for the bar cookie link, Katie. I wouldn't be surprised to see these show up at my house in time for Christmas. :yum:

Sunday Dinner Tonight

Tonight I'm making slow simmered pot roast with an array of roasted veggies and garlic bread..can't wait yum,yum

:chef:

Thank you for the bar cookie link, Katie. I wouldn't be surprised to see these show up at my house in time for Christmas. :yum:

Glad you think they'd be good. I've never cooked a Southern Living recipe that wasn't stellar. And, whenever I can find a link to something I try to post it so others can enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to tasting them. All the ingredients are yummy. A "taste" report will follow later.

We will be grilling again tonight! We need to enjoy the weather while it is still nice. We are having NY strip steaks, potatoes (baked I think) and a veggie of some sort. We still have chocolate zucchini cake from yesterday (that is Hubby's veggie for the day). ;)

I made 2 meatloaves last night and used 1. Tonight we'll use the other one. I think cold meatloaf sanwiches on homemade bread maybe with gravy and a side salad.

Meatloaf sandwiches on homemade bread and salad

img_1188933_0_d3c2353200a05e99b040db5c11eb5bd7.jpg

Was going to do a chinese spread, but after getting home later than anticipated from food shopping and checking out an orchard,(and drinking a bit of cider) I ended up just making egg rolls(see egg roll thread) and switching to beer. :LOL:Just had three of each for supper. lol.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 188
My step-niece is getting married today in the Outer Banks. We'll head that direction in a few and have dinner there at the reception so I haven't a clue! But we'll be in the Outer Banks so it will be good! One of my favorite places to be!

Hope you all have a wonderful time, sounds lovely :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom