Dinner 24th July - What's On Your Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight, we made a Chicken Madras Curry...very tasty :yum:

We also had some pappadoms with hot mango chutney :)

Tuesday´s Lunch: Greek Lemon Marmalade Chicken

We have our main meal at lunchtime, 14.30 hours ... Here is photo of our lunch today ... :yum:

Attachments

• POLLO CON LIMON.jpg
    POLLO CON LIMON.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 193
My fridge is so full that you have to push the door to keep it closed! We're having leftovers! There's pizza, ham, mac'n'cheese, corn pudding, sausage gravy and biscuits, country fried steak and mashed potatoes, salad stuff and asparagus. Think that will be enough to keep the hounds fed?

How come you have dinner so early?
When I visited Spain (many years ago), this was the norm. Light breakfast, a big lunch between 1 and 3 pm, and maybe a late afternoon nibble. Dinner doesn't usually come until late in the evening and it's more what some of us in the US would consider a snack. It's probably a healthier way of eating when you think about it. You're not consuming a heavy meal late in the day when your body doesn't really need the fuel.

Tonight we are having black beans, rice, and homemade corn tortillas.

It IS a healthier way, Steve. But we do it because DH works 3 - 11 pm and needs to take sandwiches for his "dinner" and I just make extra so I have one too. We eat our main meal around 1:00 pm before he goes. I do find it great in many ways, one being I have that sandwich for later and don't have to make anything for myself. :)

Today, I am taking some gluten-free sweet Italian sausages I found and making little meatballs out of them for meatball subs. I have some marinara in the freezer so that will pair nicely with it. I think a romaine salad on the side will round out the meal nicely! :chef:

Tonight's dinner will feature a Mongolian beef stir-fry with snow peas, scallion and sliced cremini mushrooms, brown rice with carrot, steamed broccoli, and I can't decide if I want the 2010 Red Rock California Malbec, the 2010 Black Pheasant California Zinfandel, or a Stella Artois

had some mussels left over from sundays paella plumping up nicely in their own mini mussel home(a bowl of water with sea salt & instant mashed potato powder in the fridge!)leftover chorizo,peppers & tomatoes in the fridge too so.......ummmm,don't know what it's called 'cos i just made it up as i went along.oh yeah,the little yelow chilli in pic #1 is a home grown scotch bonnet....hotttttttttt!!(i'm pleased to say:yum:).nice & simple with bread......and ice cold beer.had it for a late lunch,sitting outside in the sun,shared it with the lady from sunday.....forgot to mention,she's been hanging about since sunday too....not in the fridge tho';)!!

Attachments

• MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 002.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 002.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 244
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 003.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 003.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 189
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 004.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 004.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 214
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 005.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 005.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 176
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 006.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 006.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 219
  • MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 008.JPG
    MUSSELS CHORIZO & PEPPERS 008.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 232
Honey teriyaki ribs

The heat has been wearing me out, so I picked up a few things from the Deli to graze on:

Mango cole slaw, red potato salad w/ dill, edamame salad

Coffee ice cream & fresh strawberries

I just put pork chops in marinade, and I have pasta on the stove boiling for pasta salad tonight. Thinking either butter beans or green beans with it.

A bowl of Dixie speckled butter peas with turkey smoked sausage plus a small zucchini, chopped, nuked, and dressed with butter, s&p. Oatmeal walnut cookies for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom