Dinner 24th July - What's On Your Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I visited Spain (many years ago), this was the norm. Light breakfast, a big lunch between 1 and 3 pm, and maybe a late afternoon nibble. Dinner doesn't usually come until late in the evening and it's more what some of us in the US would consider a snack. It's probably a healthier way of eating when you think about it. You're not consuming a heavy meal late in the day when your body doesn't really need the fuel.

Tonight we are having black beans, rice, and homemade corn tortillas.

Thanks so much for that info Steve :)

Harry, with food like that around, I'm surprised there's only one lady hanging around!

I'm still without a kitchen sink and going without much home cooking is a real pain the last eight days. My new counters and sink are suppose to be installed Thursday, finally!
I went to Trader Joe's today and they were demonstrating a really tasty one pan meal so I bought all the packaged ingredients and it was delish!! At least there was only one pan and two plates to wash in the bathtub! :rolleyes:

Spaghetti and a salad. I made a big pot of the sauce a couple of months ago and divided it up into 'me' size foodsaver bags for the freezer - so that was an easy dinner. :)

A little bit of everything! Ken is taking me to A Taste of Edmonton Menu | Events Edmonton for our anniversary dinner.

Happy Anniversary, Alix and Ken! We love A Taste of Vancouver!

Well, we didn't have the Italian sausage subs since I didn't take the sausages out to thaw. But I did take the bassa fillets out for tomorrow and they were thawed so we had that with rice pilaf and steamed snap peas.

C'mon, Kayelle. You have to share. What was the meal?

Whoops, I left that out didn't I. :huh:

Well in an electric skillet the Trader Joe's demonstrator browned up a package of their diced Pancetta, added a package of their fresh "Asparagus Saute" with sliced mushrooms, and onions.
I added some snipped sun dried tomatoes to mine, and then added a whole package of TJ's frozen "Gnocchi al Gorgonzola". Simmered all for 10 minutes. There was so much Gorgonzola in the Gnocchi that it made a lovely cheese sauce with just a little water added. Durn fine meal in just a few minutes and I'll make it again for sure.
:chef:

We grilled a couple of NewYork steaks served them with baked potato and corn on the cob. Homemade raspberry ice cream for dessert.

Harry, with food like that around, I'm surprised there's only one lady hanging around!

I'm still without a kitchen sink and going without much home cooking is a real pain the last eight days. My new counters and sink are suppose to be installed Thursday, finally!
I went to Trader Joe's today and they were demonstrating a really tasty one pan meal so I bought all the packaged ingredients and it was delish!! At least there was only one pan and two plates to wash in the bathtub! :rolleyes:
one eating,two in the fridge as spares k:LOL:!!
went to costco once & they had a demo on sausages & were cooking them one of those super big george forman healthy grilling machine thingymebobs.ended up buying the bangers AND a grill to cook them on....still they do say the easiest person to sell to is a salesman....they're right:rolleyes:!!

Meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy, fresh corn, homemade biscuits, with a glass of bourbon and perhaps a good cigar for dessert.
food sounds deelish hoot,love the beard too!reckon you'd be pretty as a picture wearin' my tagine hat:LOL:!!
which bourbon hoot?....mines a makers mark or woodford reserve:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom