Dinner 24th October, Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having Costco rotisserie chicken, a salad (maybe blue cheese dressing), and whole grain baguette. I'll probably put out a plate of olive oil with balsamic vinegar as dip for the bread.
We did have the salad with blue cheese dressing, this one: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/salad-and-bleu-cheese-dressing-tnt-81666.html#post1186111.

I made a smaller batch of the dressing and did include anchovies. Oh yeah, that was yummy. Stirling said there was a kind of a funny taste. I tasted some on some of the salad and it did have a bitter note. Then I figured it out. The salad was an organic field greens mix. Some of the greens are a bit bitter. No bitter taste when tasting the dressing without any greens. :LOL:

Cod fillet poached in white wine topped with a tomato-based salsa verde. And then there were Brussels sprouts, wild rice, radicchio salad, water.

Re-runs from last night. Pork Chop topped with Cider Sauce and Granny Smith Apples, Lemon Peppered Green Beans, Baked Sweet Potato and Garden Salad. :BURP:

I had part of a leftover Costco rotisserie chicken, so I made individual chicken pot pies. They were excellent with carrots, celery, shallots, mushrooms, some fresh spinach, and a rich butter gravy seasoned with the Herbs de Provence that I purchased in France this summer. Baby broccoli was the side.

snippers, as you yourself don't like chicken, how often do you end up having to make it for your family?

is your hubby a good sport about having meals that you like, but he doesn't care for?

I make chicken at least once a week and my husband orders KFC for us once a month :( I order mash and gravy and a salad from KFC and when I make it at home I eat the side dishes.
Hubby won't eat anything he doesn't like so I hardly ever make those dishes. He won't eat liver, tuna, marrow bones, vegetarian food or fish without batter or crumbed topping.
He hates most of my favourite foods!

jeez, snippers! i've never heard of anyone before you who dislikes foods as ordinary/non-offensive as i think of chicken and potatoes as being! on the other hand, it seems your hubby is just plain missing out bigtime on some very exceptionally delicious types of foods. but i guess it's true that opposites attract, and you guys seem to have worked out your differences quite satisfactorily by now. anyhow, snippers, it probably isn't just a lucky happenstance that you are a libra, is it now? :)

jeez, snippers! i've never heard of anyone before you who dislikes foods as ordinary/non-offensive as i think of chicken and potatoes as being! on the other hand, it seems your hubby is just plain missing out bigtime on some very exceptionally delicious types of foods. but i guess it's true that opposites attract, and you guys seem to have worked out your differences quite satisfactorily by now. anyhow, snippers, it probably isn't just a lucky happenstance that you are a libra, is it now? :)

Yip, chicken, potato and carrots :LOL: Chicken casserole is really hard to swollow :ohmy:
I'll eat anything if someone prepares it for me, even if it kills me :(
My husband has cooked twice for me, both times it was roast chicken and potatoes!

Libra and proud of it darling! I believe aquarius is a best match for librans too. Guess what my husband and all my exes are? How weird, I've only ever dated aquarians and there bithdays were all end of January :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom