Dinner 24th October, Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we are having pan seared red snapper with salad

Don't you ever sleep?! :LOL:
Snapper sounds good.
I'm making Madeira roast chicken with steamed veg (broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, courgettes) for my hubby and kids.
I'll just eat the veg or maybe make a gazpacho for myself.

I made the Madeira chicken and also some brown rice.
Family loved it! I had some of the rice with 2 fried eggs. Sounds bland but it was pretty darn good. Think I have a new fave :)

We are having hotdogs and mixed fingerling potato salad. I might fry up some homemade Mexican chorizo as a topping or maybe some of my "Coney Island" sauce, which is sauted sliced onions, chopped garlic, a 14.5oz can of stewed tomatoes and Crystal hot sauce to taste.

We had Spanish style beef stewed with port (Claudia Roden recipe) with very peppery (black pepper) potato boulangerie. There was leeks/onions/carrots/peppers/tomato in the stew so I didn't do any veg on the side.

Nice but a bit sweet for me, will use the combination of veg again but use red wine as normal, plus beef stock and bacon. I didn't mean to make the potatoes so peppery (burning hot) but they were so good I am definitely doing that again :pig:

And less that 450 calories for the whole dinner, whats not to love? :D

Haven't had lunch yet - still 10/24 here. It's a beautiful sunny warm day, & I have no desire to cook. Order in Shawarma or falafel & eggplant salad.

Snapper sounds good.
I'm making Madeira roast chicken with steamed veg (broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, courgettes) for my hubby and kids.

snippers, as you yourself don't like chicken, how often do you end up having to make it for your family?

is your hubby a good sport about having meals that you like, but he doesn't care for?

We're doing our family version of burritos tonight. Ground beef, corn, pinto beans, a bit of salsa and taco seasonings for the meat mixture then top it with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese and sour cream on flour tortillas. I picked up some corn taco shells for the kid since he prefers those.

Snapper sounds good.

:LOL: I have recently got up from a lovely 8 hour sleep :)

Your chicken sounds lovely :yum:

Don't anybody gag but DH found some steakumms remember those? Well being the world series starts tonight we are having those topped with cheese,grilled onions on great rolls, some soup and then maple bars for:yum: dessert and then we sit and hope for the best. GO S.F GO
kades

i have fond memories involving steakums. i would probably like them again (still) today in the same way that i am able to appreciate white castle burgers--improbably and nostalgically.:)

We're having Costco rotisserie chicken, a salad (maybe blue cheese dressing), and whole grain baguette. I'll probably put out a plate of olive oil with balsamic vinegar as dip for the bread.

Don't anybody gag but DH found some steakumms remember those? Well being the world series starts tonight we are having those topped with cheese,grilled onions on great rolls, some soup and then maple bars for:yum: dessert and then we sit and hope for the best. GO S.F GO
kades

i love steakumms .. easy and tasty ..

Back
Top Bottom