"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Dinner 26/1

What's on your menu today? Personally I haven't yet decided...Might make a veggie soup for me and some gnocchi for DH - it's still entirely up in the air

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Yesterday I went to the market and bought a whole bunch of apples. Incidentally, Cris also decided in the middle of his round that he wanted a bunch of apples and brought home a bucket full. So for coming days we will be eating apples with vengeance...

Yesterday I made Connie's wonderful fresh apple cake, today I will make some chicken waldorf salad (-celery... one of very few items Cris dislikes) along with pasta with pesto.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to extremesoccermom
Thursday is always "leftover" day. I like to finish up anything we didn't polish off so that the fridge is clean for the weekend. This week we have Taco Hamburger Helper, Baked Chicken Legs w/ roasted veggies, Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Cordon Blu w/ cheese rice, Philly Steaks. It is first come first serve!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Probably left over pizza here.
Will be making some apple galettes today, if the kids will co-operate. Dh can't get enough of them and I haven't made them since before I got pregnant. Once I was pregnant, that morning sickness kicked in so poor dh has been without. He even came home with all the ingredients 2 nights ago! What? Husband at the grocery store?! He must be desperate! :) ha ha ha
Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Master Chef

subway!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Master Chef

Nothing fancy here just good ole' comfort food here......Salmon Patties, Coleslaw and Baked Fries. We only have this a few times a year but it always takes me back to when I was a kid.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Something easy.
We're having people over tomorrow night and I'll be making a feast.

Spinach and orange salad in home made cheese bowls.
Rice with berries
freshly steamed veggie or roasted veggies
and shrimp with a butter and wine sauce
and a lemon pie for dessert.

I really won't have time to cook tonight since I've
decided to put off deep cleaning the house until Paul is home and
able to help. He wanted to have these people over ... he can help prepare. lol.. ick I sound mean today. Better go grap some coffee.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
Executive Chef

........am with the ones cleaning the frig.............
.............it's way too full and there is no room for anything............
.........it looks like a pig lives here and knowing the DH like I do, he'll come home and appreciate that it's now clean............so, movie in machine, giant pot of tea and I'm gonna get crackin........anything I have enough of will be dinner.........thinking about it, I got pizza nights ago, had three slices, and DH never touched a piece..........it's been it a zipper bag so tonight for him, it's not Tuscany Pizza, but it's Red Brick and that'll have to do.........

Looks like today is apple day. I just got out my new juicer and put in there, 3 green/3 red apples, 2 kiwi's and one banana. Pretty darn good stuff. I should feel wonderful today having gotten my fruit requirements in for the day.
Anyone ever had Placerville California's Apple Hill Cake recipe? It is so easy and also so good. No longer have enough apples today though, maybe in a few days I'll buy more.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Will be making some apple galettes today, if the kids will co-operate.
Do you have a recipe for these Cora? They sound interesting, I bet Licia would like the recipe too! She has some apples to use up. LOL.

Our dinner is something chicken. I am going to go cruise and see if anything meets my specs (what is in my house so I don't have to shop) and if not it will likely be chicken cacciatore.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Do you have a recipe for these Cora? They sound interesting, I bet Licia would like the recipe too! She has some apples to use up. LOL.
I'll post them after I make them today, just in case I have some added notes that I've forgotten about. They are really good! I'm a chocolate lover so it's rare that I find something without chocolate that I really enjoy. I need to get my rear in gear though, but it's just so cold in my house, it's hard to get away from the heater and dc.