Dinner 26th October, Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yummy!!!!!! I haven't eaten ribeye in ages. By far the best cut of beef in my book :yum:
Please tell me you didn't eat it well done?
I'm salivating here!

Definitely not well done! ;) My ribeye last night was a beautiful medium-rare. I grew up in the Midwest - cow country. My dad's recipe for grilling steak is four minutes on one side, three minutes on the other, rest five minutes, eat! When I make it, I salt it first, but otherwise, this formula works :)

Definitely not well done! ;) My ribeye last night was a beautiful medium-rare. I grew up in the Midwest - cow country. My dad's recipe for grilling steak is four minutes on one side, three minutes on the other, rest five minutes, eat! When I make it, I salt it first, but otherwise, this formula works :)

I like mine medium rare too, rare if I eat a fillet steak. I like adding a knob of butter after turning my steak . Just adds that little something ;)
I don't like sauces or marinades on a decent piece of beef either, just salt, pepper and at most a hint of chilli or garlic. It must be well matured too!!!!

Guess I'm a bit fussy :LOL:

Steve Kroll said:
Glad to see another home winemaker here. :)

I agree about it being an inexpensive way to keep the cellar full. DW and I used to spend a lot of money on wine back when we were younger. When I tell people I can make my own wine now for sometimes less than $1/bottle it usually makes people take notice.

Haven't tried to brew beer yet. I've never been a big beer drinker myself, though during the summer I might pop one open on a hot day. But I have a lot of beer-drinking friends, so I'm sure any that I made would get used up.

Steve, we mostly use the beer for entertaining. I'm sure your "beer drinking" friends would be impressed. It's fun and easy to do And you have a lot of the equipment already with your wine making gear.
BTW.. That squash looks stunning.....I love squash!

Thanks guys.

Yeah, that squash would go well with tonight's dinner. It's just a great looking pic. Would make a good desktop.

Our stuffed acorn squash turned out quite tasty. I ended up using black rice, apples, sausage, celery, walnuts, dried cranberries, and just a pinch or two of curry powder to make the stuffing. :yum:

img_1199845_0_6c027f49cdf0757ac5efafe8a74d84ce.jpg

Yum Steve, tasty! :yum:

Made up a pasta with prawns, sweet Thai chili sauce, onions, garlic, ginger, fresh tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Just the right amount of heat! We both really enjoyed it! :chef:

That sounds like my kind of pasta...very nice Laurie :chef:

Back
Top Bottom