Dinner 26th October, Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still yesterday's tonight for me, for another 20 minutes thereabouts.

So tell us more about your curried chicken salad... Do southern hemisphere chickens spin in the opposite direction as those in the northern hemisphere? (I get a bit silly when I'm tired, and I'm hitting the snore shelf about the time tomorrow becomes today and today becomes yesterday...

Something tells me there's sushi and sashimi in my near future. Perhaps it's the 10 oz of sushi grade tuna I bought this afternoon, along with a makisu and some pickled ginger. I got the nori a few days ago and I've got plenty of my sushi rice (Kokuho Rose brand) and what's left of a pound of wasabi powder. (That's a LOT of wasabi!!! I've been working on this pound for a couple of years now.) It seems like all I need is a Japanese sushi chef and although I'm no more Japanese than John Belushi I think I'm up for the job.

I've been working on home made mayonnaise, and doing poorly, but I think it was all the shopping and driving the last few afternoons that got me too tired, so tomorrow I'm not going anywhere and I'll have all day to perfect (or ruin) the mayonnaise recipe. (I'm a man of leisure.) This connects with sushi because my version of spicy tuna roll calls for mayonnaise mixed with Sriracha sauce, and that mixed into chopped tuna, and of course the sushi rice and nori.

Of course I'll shoot photos!

I've got a ton of washing to do before I do my groceries tomorrow. Thank goodness it's pay day! Think I'll buy some wraps with ready made filling or ready meals. I'm in no mood to cook and it's time for a day off I think!?
Just 3 more loads of washing, already done with 2. Then washing out the pantry, fridge and freezer for tomorrow's groceries. I like having a spotless kitchen lol!

I've just come back from the shop. It's a naughty dinner of bought spinach and cheese pies tonight and some pre-mixed cranberry vodka! Our supermarket bakery makes the best pies I've ever had! Hubby and kids are having pepper steak pies.

We are having a guest over for dinner, a really great friend.

I'm making pot roast, green beans with almonds in browned butter (almondine?), mashed potatoes and fresh made potato rolls.

For dessert pumpkin bread pudding.

I better get started!

Kids have stuff up tonight so looks like brats and beer with some buddies in my shed. Good and bad, but ready to see the kids!

Trying to decide between ham with au gratin potatoes or chicken nuggets with french fries. I guess I'll see what I feel like doing later. The ham dinner would be popping stuff in the oven, the nuggets would be standing over the fryer. It may end up being the nuggets since I can do them quickly after DH gets home. His schedule is so off this week it's hard to predict when he'll get home for dinner!

Chicken wings (buffalo are now endangered so their wings are no longer available). Perhaps a salad or soup to accompany.

...and a beer

Well, you can always skewer some buffalo tenders. Dark or light. And they don't try to fly away from you as they hit the fire.

I am making pork chops tonight. Either pan fried or oven fried. Roasted herbed carrots and a twice baked potato. And I made a 9x9 pan size gingerbread cake this morning.

A small salad and for us, the first of this seasons stone crab claws with mustard sauce.:yum:

Made up a pasta with prawns, sweet Thai chili sauce, onions, garlic, ginger, fresh tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Just the right amount of heat! We both really enjoyed it! :chef:

CraigC said:
A small salad and for us, the first of this seasons stone crab claws with mustard sauce.:yum:

My absolute favorite... And the thing i miss most about living just off the keys... Still get some at christmas every year from joes...

Pulled pork from the freezer... Probably some tater tots with it.. busy weekend and week ahead with this storm coming...

Back
Top Bottom