Dinner 28th July - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, your roast looks great! Great idea to rotisserie it.

Powerplantop, that looks delicious. Do you make the chimchuri yourself?

We had Häagen-Dazs ice cream for dessert. I had "caramel cone explosion" and Stirling had "rocky road". We had triple sec and Cointreau on the ice cream. That works really well. The reason we had both was because I was giving taste tests to Stirling to see what the difference is. Triple sec has a lovely orange flavour. So does Cointreau, but the triple sec has more of a "fire water" flavour. The Cointreau is smoother.

We were invited to some friend's for a cookout and swimming....dinner was coffee-rubbed skirt steak on the grill, grilled, pineapple, grilled shrimp, and a tomato salad and a corn and avocado salad. Good food!!!

We were invited to some friend's for a cookout and swimming....dinner was coffee-rubbed skirt steak on the grill, grilled, pineapple, grilled shrimp, and a tomato salad and a corn and avocado salad. Good food!!!

Yum! Sounds, delicious, Dave.

We are way behind on meals. We had a lunch of polish dogs with tortilla chips and salsa at 4 pm and will probably have dinner in a half hour or so. I still have the chicken breasts and will probably do a stir fry or something similar.

With a fully functional kitchen again, Steve and I agree that this is the best dinner we've had in two weeks. The moaning was comical. Hey at this age, any moaning is comical.:ohmy:

Baked General Tsao glazed chicken thighs with sesame seed, Hominy Casserole, and still warm from the vine tomato slices with white onion and drizzled homemade Ranch dressing.

img_1167361_0_65d176accd3d67355398292e009494a5.jpg

Too many gorgeous food pics tonight!

I had to carefully go through them all. :yum:

Tonight was Vegetable Lo Mein with mushrooms, scallions, garlic, ginger, etc. Roasted broccoli on the side.

Steve, what a wonderful looking dinner. Looks so tender and juicy. :yum: powerplant, your chicken looks fabulous - the veggies are so colorful - is that a bell pepper and tomato mix in the far side of the plate? :yum:

So many great sounding meals here, as always! :chef:

Thanks, it is carmalized onions, mushrooms and a mix of bell peppers (red, yellow and orange).

With a fully functional kitchen again, Steve and I agree that this is the best dinner we've had in two weeks. The moaning was comical. Hey at this age, any moaning is comical.:ohmy:

Baked General Tsao glazed chicken thighs with sesame seed, Hominy Casserole, and still warm from the vine tomato slices with white onion and drizzled homemade Ranch dressing.

img_1167422_0_65d176accd3d67355398292e009494a5.jpg

That looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom