Dinner 28th July - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having Porterhouse Steak and chips :yum:

We are making a sauce adapted from a Steak Diane Sauce but we are adding Bourban to it....

So it will be called our "Jim Beam Steak Sauce" ;)

LOL Kylie! It is actually still 11 pm Friday here! :)

But I know what we are having for Saturday....the Asian chicken salad we didn't have today. I have some rice noodles, stir fry veggies and chicken breasts so something will come of it I am sure! :LOL:

Actually, you are right, Kylie. But we don't usually eat this late. We weren't hungry earlier so were out with some friends at Tim Horton's for tea and then went to McDonald's for Chicken Mushroom Swiss sandwiches.

This is totally against hubby's diet but he figures he is on holidays he can enjoy food and then have a bad day tomorrow without having to worry about work. :ermm::LOL:

Wow that sounds nice from Maccas :)

We dont have that on the menu over here :(

It makes me wonder how different the menus are over the different countries?

very different.

no mac-joey burgers, or wichity fries, or four x shakes.
:cool:

(although the latter sounds pretty good)

Tonight will be something with hot dogs. I have 2 variations in mind just need to choose:

Variation 1) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions. Then add tomato paste, spices, burgundy wine and water to create a sauce. Serve over pasta. Salad or veggie on side.

Variation 2) Cut into coins and sautéed in butter with onions, potato cubes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Then add scrambled eggs and cook till set.

My oldest and our grandson are coming for dinner (SIL is white-water rafting this weekend) so I'm cooking an old favorite of hers. Chicken marsala ala Andy. It's not an authentic recipe but darn good. Pasta and a salad will complete the meal. Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. (we have to have something that's grandson approved).

It will be simple tonight. Cauliflower and cheese, with hot dogs, and salad (if the lettuce is still good--we have not been home much lately).

Well after the ginormous turkey dinner last night we are going to go a bit lighter tonight. We're having Luke's Mushroom soup, mimosa salad, and if that doesn't fill us up we'll have turkey sandwiches, hot or cold as you wish!

Since I've been on a rotisserie kick lately, I decided to do a chuck roast on the grill tonight. I've had it marinating most of the day in a Beer and Teriyaki mixture. If it turns out half as good as last weekend's chicken, I'll be a happy camper.

A Moroccan style chicken using preserved lemons and a couscous side.

I have some veggies to use up, and I feel like doing a one-pot dish tonight, so I'm going to saute some onion, garlic, zucchini, and summer squash, then add sliced cooked Italian sausage (which I ended up not having last night), diced tomato from the garden, and pesto frozen from last year, all to be mixed with penne pasta.

I'm thinking a salad of garden tomatoes, watermelon, blanched green beans, onions, cucumber, maybe some thinly sliced summer sausage and cheese.

Last edited:
Our Jim Beam Steak Sauce turned out lovely, it is one of the tastiest sauces I have ever had...it was lovely portherhouse steak too, great meal, we really enjoyed it :)

Back
Top Bottom