Dinner 3-1-2018 ~ Is your March a lion or lamb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Our weather today is lamb-like. No lamb for dinner tonight, though. I instead, I'm cooking as if it's a lion-like day. Our supper will be a pot of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice soup. There will be plenty, just in case the power goes out tomorrow when the lion is supposed to storm in. :ermm:

What's s'up in your kitchen tonight?

I am considering picking up fast food on my way home. GF is already there and I have to get going to rehearsal shortly after I get home. I can’t remember the last time I ate that stuff. We got a sheet of coupons from Wendy’s in the mail so I am thinking about it.

We had lamb a few days ago but I'm afraid the weather will be here like a lion by midnight. Around here (Thomas burn area) everyone is holding their breath in fear of more killer mud slides.

Tonight I'll be roasting a pork tenderloin and making Ratatouille. I'll try to remember pictures.

More lion-y than lamb-y today. :) Cold and windy, but every now and then the sun peeks through the clouds.

Not much I want to do outside today, so I've been getting some housecleaning done. I started a batch of navy beans and ham soup in the Nesco this morning - it will be nice to have a hot and ready meal this evening. :yum: I'll add some chopped carrots and onions to it a little later so they don't get mushy, and make some Jiffy corn muffins.

Last edited:
It's actually been pretty warm the last few days, so I would have to say more like a lamb than a lion. At least at the moment. I know it won't last, though. March is typically our snowiest month of the year.

Tonight I'm grilling a tomahawk ribeye that I dug out of the freezer. It's YUUUGE!! I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted three meals.

It's actually been pretty warm the last few days, so I would have to say more like a lamb than a lion. At least at the moment. I know it won't last, though. March is typically our snowiest month of the year.

Tonight I'm grilling a tomahawk ribeye that I dug out of the freezer. It's YUUUGE!! I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted three meals.

I had to look up tomahawk ribeye, Steve. WOW, definitely YUUGE! ;) I hope you have a plate big enough for that big boy...and glad to hear the weather is nice enough up north for grillin' - for now. :chef::)

The evil swamp witch I married sent me out this morning to pick up steaks for dinner. (she forgot I gave up beef).
So, while they enjoyed beautifully marbled NY strip steaks, I had a kale and cabbage salad kit.

I'm hoping to get some sushi later after rugby practice, so she is forgiven.

That's if I can still breathe. 40 high school boys running in a small gym for 2 hours should be illegal.

Well, last night's supper was not a big success. Thought I would stick to something more reliable tonight. As it turns out- by the time I came home from grocery shopping, trimming and repackaging a heck of a bunch of chicken pieces- I didn't feel like making supper.

One sort-a small dill pickle. around 3:30
Two Dolmades - or maybe it was 3? around 4:30
1/4 jar of left over White Corn & Black Bean Salsa (just so I could wash the jar). around 6
A bottle of wine.

probably later on while watching TV, I will get an irresistible urge for the munchies and jump up to get some crackers and cheese.

Ow! GG - take care - I sometimes think a sprain is worse than a break.

what a good excuse to get someone else to do the cooking... until you can't stand it anymore! LOL. Then all of a sudden you will figure out how to cook with one hand.

Last edited:
I had to look up tomahawk ribeye, Steve. WOW, definitely YUUGE! ;) I hope you have a plate big enough for that big boy...and glad to hear the weather is nice enough up north for grillin' - for now. :chef::)

Those tomahawk rib eyes are big..designed for two people, really..we sell them in the deli during the summer. Pretty impressive looking things..

Although I have occasionally seen people sit down and devour one of those bad boys in a single sitting, I tend to treat it more as a roast myself. Rock, I'd even go so far as to say they are designed for THREE people. I would have to be really, really hungry to eat a whole one. :LOL:

Last edited:
Pan sautéed cod fillet with crab and shrimp butter sauce, rice pilaf, abd crab stuffed mushrooms. It's all kind of tan and brown, but was really good
Homemade brownies for dessert.

Attachments

• 2018-03-01 19.11.50.jpg
    2018-03-01 19.11.50.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 126
We had lamb a few days ago but I'm afraid the weather will be here like a lion by midnight. Around here (Thomas burn area) everyone is holding their breath in fear of more killer mud slides.

Tonight I'll be roasting a pork tenderloin and making Ratatouille. I'll try to remember pictures.

So good!

P3010067_1.jpg

Although I have occasionally seen people sit down and devour one of those bad boys in a single sitting, I tend to treat it more as a roast myself. Rock, I'd even go so far as to say they are designed for THREE people. I would have to be really, really hungry to eat a whole one. :LOL:
Sure..They can get pretty big, depending on what end they are cut from..I have trimmed the bone off of a couple over time that didn't sell and we basically had a small roast for home...

I'm moving this month, so which carries more stuff - a lion or a lamb? - and will not eat my food in transit? :)

So not much cooking for me in March.

But I took at look at the freezer contents and discovered a very nice spiral-cut baked ham I forgot I purchased on sale! So Easter is will be ham with lots of yummy split pea soup afterward.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom