Dinner 3-15-2019 ~ The Ides of...Munch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those look really good, Joel. Take a look at this recipe, though - delicious, soft, yeasty burger buns in less than an hour.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/40-minute-hamburger-buns-183081

Curious about your source for the idea that adding ginger and lemon juice will preserve the buns. How did know how much to add? How much longer do you think they'll last?
I read somewhere, but now I don’t remember where, that ascorbic acid aka vitamin c, can prolong the shelf life of homemade bread by a few days. I didn’t have any, but I did have a lemon ;). Same with ginger, although I think I read ground ginger. I do have some, but thought the grated fresh might add an interesting note to the bread. As for amounts, just a little of each, lol. Less than a tbsp of ginger, and just a squeeze of lemon

I read somewhere, but now I don’t remember where, that ascorbic acid aka vitamin c, can prolong the shelf life of homemade bread by a few days. I didn’t have any, but I did have a lemon ;). Same with ginger, although I think I read ground ginger. I do have some, but thought the grated fresh might add an interesting note to the bread. As for amounts, just a little of each, lol. Less than a tbsp of ginger, and just a squeeze of lemon
Breads enriched with eggs and dairy last longer than breads made of only flour, water, yeast and salt. Ascorbic and citric acids have preservative properties, but a minimum amount is needed for it to work. I have no idea what that is.

Kayelle, you've inspired me to make those next Friday for supper.

...I try to go out somewhere on Friday evenings. I like to go to a place with good food, and a friendly bunch of people in the bar...Tonight, I met a potential customer...
I'm glad you enjoyed those mozz bites, but I hope you do end up securing a deal with that "potential" customer. Good luck!

Amoroso's rolls, eh? Al you need is some Wise potato chips and some Butterscotch Krimpets. Does DH call Pork Roll... um, Pork Roll, or does he Buckytom it with taylor's ham.

CD[/QUOTI can get Wise Potato Chips & Krimpets in Tucson, but I didn't bring any back this trip.

And yes, I make Taylor's Ham for DH every so often :LOL:
56875-albums1129-picture7807.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm not a fan of beer, but rock on, my friend [emoji2]
I’m really not a beer fan, either. I have a few recipes in which beer is an essential (to my mind) ingredient. But for some reason, ice cold Sapporo seems to go with Japanese food. It’s gotta be so cold, though, that the temp nearly suppresses bubble production! And chasing it with some sake, hot or cold, is really great.

Back
Top Bottom