Dinner 4-12-2019 ~ At least it's not Friday the 13th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That song is a blast from the past, CG! Loved it back then...even though it was a break up song. :neutral::LOL:
-----------------------------------

Leftover spaghetti here this afternoon. I'll make another salad to go with it, and a slice of toasted garlic bread.

Might be because we remember the music of our teens, but I wonder how much contemporary music will be remembered in a few decades. We're within earshot of a popular wedding venue, and I know a lot of the songs from my younger days. I enjoy "Paradise By The Dashboard Light", but somehow I haven't heard it played at a wedding.

Tonight's dinner was a shrimp and snow pea stir fry.

My 14 year old granddaughter had no idea who Cher is...

Dinner was shrimp and warm remoulade pasta.

Attachments

• 2019-04-12 19.01.50.jpg
    2019-04-12 19.01.50.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 121
Sorry....speaking of wedding songs, I couldn't resist sharing this. :LOL: The song I Loved Her First by Heartland came out the year my oldest daughter got married about 12 years ago, and they played it during the Father/Daughter waltz at her outdoor wedding. At first it appears the lyrics are about a previous beau, then it's revealed it's the father of the bride. :cry: Everyone was in happy tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8Z69B6RFQ

Attachments

• Rebecca and her dad.jpg
    Rebecca and her dad.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 109
Oh wow, how beautiful Cheryl.:heart: I don't think I've heard that song before..thank you for that and the lovely picture!

I sure wasn't a "from scratch" cook tonight, but it was good. TJ's fish nuggets in the oven with roasted asparagus and the toaster oven did Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes. Oh, I made some tarter sauce. Easy peasy, and better than fast food at least.

I scored a Nolan Ryan Prime Ribeye in the Manager's Special section of the Kroger meat department. So, it was steak for dinner tonight.

CD

Attachments

• SteakSale001.jpg
    SteakSale001.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 98
Had to take advantage of Pizza Hut's large two topping pizza for just $5.99. Carryout and ordered online deal is good until this Monday.

Last edited:
I ended up making a trinity of foods: garden salads, cheesy cauliflower soup, and tuna melts. Wrong kind of bread, but it's what needs to be used up. They ended up being knife and fork sandwiches.
IMG_20190412_214850435_HDR.jpgIMG_20190412_215017000_HDR.jpg

I had some leftover chicken vindaloo. I tried out that rainbow chard that I bought. I sautéed it in butter with some sliced portobello mushrooms and threw a small amount of frozen corn in when it was almost done. That was delicious.

Chinese tonight lemon chicken and combination fried noodles. Noodles were good, chicken not so good.wont be going back.

Russ

We had pork schnitzel, green beans and herb stuffing..

Carrot cake with choc frosting for dessert..

Ross

Attachments

• Pork schnitzel, green beans and herb stuffing.jpg
    Pork schnitzel, green beans and herb stuffing.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Carott Cake.jpg
    Carott Cake.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom