Dinner 4-29-2017 ~ Super-Duper Saturday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had...

Slow-Cooker%2BLasagna%2B013.jpg

Cindi's Slow-Cooker Lasagna

Buttery%2BGolden%2BGralic%2BBiscuits%2B002.JPG

Buttery-Golden-Garlic Biscuits

Lettuce Salad

Pistachio Cake with a Pistachio Pudding/Cool Whip/Coconut Frosting

We went out to dinner last night, to a local sports bar (Cooking Goddess, you might remember it ;) ). We shared fried calamari, which was served with a tasty Asian sauce instead of the usual marinara. Then I had their Crab and Avocado Louis Salad and DH had fish chips with their house-made potato chips instead of fries. Was very good and the weather had cooled down enough that we could sit outside and watch the streetscape.

I forgot to mention, after I got my meal, I remembered that I had seen on the menu that a muffin is served with some of the items. I asked the server when she came to check on us whether mine came with a muffin. She checked the menu and it did not :(

A few minutes later, though, she came by with a basket of corn muffins with honey butter and said she thought we might like that. Well, yes, dear, I do like that! Thank you! Very sweet of her, and excellent customer service, of course [emoji2] At the end of the meal, she asked if I would like to take the remaining two muffins home. Sure. So she came back with the bill and a to-go box with three more muffins in it! Wonderful! She must feel as bad about the bread restaurants throw away at the end of service as I did when I was a waitress back in college. Love that place.

I forgot to mention, after I got my meal, I remembered that I had seen on the menu that a muffin is served with some of the items. I asked the server when she came to check on us whether mine came with a muffin. She checked the menu and it did not :(

A few minutes later, though, she came by with a basket of corn muffins with honey butter and said she thought we might like that. Well, yes, dear, I do like that! Thank you! Very sweet of her, and excellent customer service, of course [emoji2] At the end of the meal, she asked if I would like to take the remaining two muffins home. Sure. So she came back with the bill and a to-go box with three more muffins in it! Wonderful! She must feel as bad about the bread restaurants throw away at the end of service as I did when I was a waitress back in college. Love that place.

That is great... I would hope that comes down from owner/management.. I would frequent that place as often as possible.. Not for free goods but, for the positive customer service... :)

Edited to add: and of course for what looks like wonderful food...

Ross

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom