Dinner 4-29-2017 ~ Super-Duper Saturday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Nothing super here. We'll have the leftover Cuban Bean Soup in hopes that it's all gone. Finish the last of the beer bread. My mind also wants me to make a mixed greens salad with strawberry, mandarin oranges, almond slices, and goat cheese. :yum: Not sure the body will bother following through.

What's going on in your kitchen (or someone's restaurant)?

Missed breakfast so we hit our favorite bagel bakery before noon... We are just grazing this evening...

I did, however, bake bread pudding using tips from our forum members on the Bread Pudding thread... Looking forward to how that turns out... :yum:

Ross

Heavy yard work today. Had a helper who did the heavy lifting, but still tired at the end of the day. Easy dinner tonight. Burgers on the grill, Bush's Grillin Beans enhanced with applewood smoked bacon (so strongly smoked that I can smell it when I take a single slice out of the freezer) and onions. Cole slaw in a sweet herb vinaigrette.

I made a pot of Mexican rice and grilled some carne asada (from TJs). It was really pretty good.

Baked cod filet with lemon slices over a bed of spinach, and either a cutie or some watermelon. Or both.

My primary kitchen work tonight it making a mojo to marinate a pork butt in overnight, so I can slow-roast some cuban pork tomorrow.

Tonight will probably just be some deli sandwiches, perhaps using the panini press.

CD

Fried Chicken....

img_1509176_0_44107e8115785520f5604eacdc83d785.jpg

oh sure.... we eat bagels and pudding and you have to get all healthy and stuff.... :ermm:

:LOL: Now I want a bagel. Topped with cream cheese, please. :yum:

Seriously though, I live alone and cook for one - sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach when I go shopping and if I don't use what I bought, I have to toss it. No bueno.

I cut a bs/sl chix breast into strips, shook them in a little seasoned flour and sautéed. Then I didn't know what to do with them. I put together a sandwich on 12 grain w/ mayo, crumbled blue cheese, sliced cuke, tomato and romaine. Pretty easy and tasty enough as far as it goes. There's enough leftover chix for a salad or another sammie.

Baked cod filet with lemon slices over a bed of spinach, and either a cutie or some watermelon. Or both.

Yum. Quick and easy. I loved the sprinkling of Penzey's Fox Point seasoning on the cod.
img_1509220_0_d158546c9b201aa6f41388f9853ebd30.jpg

Last edited:
I made turkey cutlets using a mixture of gluten free bread crumbs and ground almonds. It worked really well!

With it I served fresh peas I got from Costco and sauteed mushrooms. I didn't do gravy because we are trying to cut back on starches with meat (I make my gravy with corn or tapioca starch).

Joey and Cheryl, looking really good! Kay, sounds delish!

We had Chengu chicken made from a recipe that's been in our computer cookbook (just bunches of recipes we've collected in WordPad files) for years and years and have never made, don't even know where we got it from. Craig was looking through the files before we went shopping Friday. It was okay, but has the potential to be really good with some tweaking.
WsQSmb65LNz746RuJMB53n413x_PKvq8cwj2hG5qFVEpX92IB

We went out to dinner last night, to a local sports bar (Cooking Goddess, you might remember it ;) ). We shared fried calamari, which was served with a tasty Asian sauce instead of the usual marinara. Then I had their Crab and Avocado Louis Salad and DH had fish chips with their house-made potato chips instead of fries. Was very good and the weather had cooled down enough that we could sit outside and watch the streetscape. 0429172004_HDR.jpg0429172017_HDR.jpg0429172017a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom