Dinner 5-18-2018 ~ National (Lots of Things) Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
The National Day Calendar website lists nine different events you can celebrate. Nine! None of them sound too exciting to me, although if I hadn't already planned tonight's supper I might have ordered a pizza. :)

We'll still keep it Italian-ish here. Gonna pan fry cut-up Italian sausage and cook it all up with various colored bell peppers and sweet onion. Maybe I'll make a salad, maybe I won't.

What's planned for your supper?

I'm going with National Dirty Dishes Day. ;)

So, I'm not cleaning up after dinner, which is expected to be a bone-in pork lioin chop, currently marinading in Stubb's Pork Marinade. Not sure yet about a side.

CD

From the Burger Meister cookbook, a burger with roasted jalapeños and onions in the meat mixture; with a mustard, onion, sage relish; piquant avocado spread with roasted jalapeño and hot sauce; and "buns" of homemade puffy fresh sage tortillas. It's been a really long time since we had made this and we are now kicking ourselves, course that's really hard considering how stuffed we are. Oh, smoked gouda cheese too.

Attachments

• 2018-05-18 17.44.35.jpg
    2018-05-18 17.44.35.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 135
Nice burger Med!

I spelunked some pulled pork. Slider with SBR and dill pickle slices.

Long weekend up here in Canada..Crazy day at the deli. Busier than a one legged man at an arse kicking contest...just got home..ordered pizza..dipping it in ranch and hot sauce..will pay for it later..

I soaked my pork chop in Stubb's for about five hours. I put the marinade in a saucier, added some corn starch, and brought it to a simmer to make a gravy. Meanwhile, I grilled the chop, and cooked up some white rice.

The end product was a grilled bone-in pork chop, served over rice, with a tangy-spicey gravy. I cleaned the plate.

CD

Attachments

• StubbsPork.jpg
    StubbsPork.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom