"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Old 05-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
Master Chef

On Thursdays I tend to go through the fridge, freezer, garden, and pantry to see what needs to go before I do major shopping on Friday. I made a sort of tilapia filets picata with couscous when finding:

1/3 jar capers
1/2 lemon
1/2 snack-size box rasins
small hand full of pistachios
some green onions
a parsley plant that was bolting
a container of mushrooms that should have been used days ago
partial bottle of white wine
1/2 stick of butter

A box of couscous was reconstituted with chicken stock, then a little olive oil, capers, raisins, chopped pistachios, finely chopped parsley and sage were added

Sauteed the mushrooms, put aside, then sauteed the tilapia filets. removed and deglazed the pan with a bit of wine, the lemon, capers, chopped green onions.

Placed the filets on a bed of mixed greens, poured the mushrooms/picata sauce over them, and served with the couscous.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Tonight will be fish sticks since it's too late to go buy fresh fish... I just have a fish/seafood craving these days. My husband just informed me that we need to have macaroni and cheese with it (which seems a weird mix to me) and tartar sauce. I'm going to be washing that down with some beer.

I think I'll make tarte tatin for dessert. I haven't had french food in a while, need to go back to my roots...

Old 05-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #13
Master Chef

I bought a lovely filet of wild-caught salmon & baked it with butter & fresh dill, then served it with asparagus - everything drizzled with some Hollaindaise sauce.