Dinner 5-27-2018 ~ Sunday supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Another gloomy day here, and a bowl of soup sounds good. I have a couple of leeks to use, some potatoes that need to be peeled, and bacon. I'll be trying the "Irish Potato and Leek Soup" recipe from the soon-to-be-gone "The Chew" TV show. Instead of the cheddar-topped toasts, though, I'm thinking BLT sandwiches might be nice along side.

What do you have planned for your main meal today?

Rotisserie grilled chicken wings with a spicy smoked sweet potato salad, a new recipe that came out really good, but will get a little tweaking for our tastes.

Attachments

• 2018-05-27 16.21.06.jpg
    2018-05-27 16.21.06.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 153
DH and his dad are off to get steaks to grill for dinner. We will have more grilled corn on the cob and green salad to go with it. I made a couple dozen peanut butter cookies last week to bring with us on this trip to MI; some of those will likely be dessert.

I have a lot of leftover fajita, so I made tacos again. I took pictures of my tacos last night, but never got around to doing anything with them. So, I'll post one today, since I am eating the same thing.

I'm making some spicy potato salad tonight for a M-Day get-together with friends. You have to make tater salad the day before you eat it if you want it to taste good, right?

CD

Attachments

• FajTacos001.jpg
    FajTacos001.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Right you are, cd. I feel the same way about coleslaw, too.

The soup recipe is a keeper! We each went back for a little more. There's enough for the next cool day down the road, too.

Attachments

• 20180527_201147.jpg
    20180527_201147.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180527_201241.jpg
    20180527_201241.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 122
CG, your Potato and Leek Soup recipe you posted looks and sounds wonderful. :yum:

I cleaned out the fridge today and set aside several little "here and there's" to put on a platter this afternoon and was going to be totally happy with that. That is until my sweet neighbor Elizabeth called and said she made Zuppa Toscana this afternoon and made too much, and brought over a big bowl of that loveliness for me. It was fabulous and I enjoyed every spoonful.

Liz went to school with my daughter and they graduated high school the same year - her little boys and my grandson Tyler play together in the afternoons. Gotta love wonderful neighbors. :wub:

Last edited:
I have a lot of leftover fajita, so I made tacos again. I took pictures of my tacos last night, but never got around to doing anything with them. So, I'll post one today, since I am eating the same thing.

I'm making some spicy potato salad tonight for a M-Day get-together with friends. You have to make tater salad the day before you eat it if you want it to taste good, right?

CD

Mmmm....my kind of dinner, Casey. Looks wonderful. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom