Dinner 5-5-2015 ~ Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the spirit of the day and keeping in mind I forgot it was a holiday, I'm stuffing two huge pork chops with spinach and feta cheese.

This morning I made eggplant parm and stuffed peppers.

I will have one or the other with a salad and package the rest for the freezer.

I need to work on switching gears from winter food to summer food. It is a nice warm day and I would prefer to have a hotdog and some broccoli or cauliflower salad.

We had Taco Tuesday for lunch, so will probably have some more Costco smoked salmon and a few other leftovers tonight. Hmm. Also a good excuse for a margarita.

Last edited:
Tonight we had hot dogs wrapped in bacon, tater tots baked in the oven and baked beans. To drink I made the new flavor Cherry/limeade Kool Aid ( they also have a new Peach/Mango).

new flavor Cherry/limeade Kool Aid ( they also have a new Peach/Mango).

Yum. I didn't know they still make Kool Aid. I had a Coke-cola with a squeeze of lime.

And to eat, I made hard shell tacos with seasoned ground beef, onion, diced tomato and shredded Crispy romaine. Along with Guacamole and chips.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 244
Oh yeh, went to the movies and saw the new Avengers flick. Back home to make shredded beef tacos (Chuck roast with onions, cilantro, garlic, and salt in the slow cooker all day) homemade refried beans, and burritos for supper, with guacamole, chopped tomato, chopped cukes, and hand sliced black olives, oh, don't forget the freshly shredded cheese, and a little hot sauce;).

My belly, and DW's belly, well, they're full, and it was a pleasure filling them.

Chery J.; I'm almost jealous. It sounds like you ate very well indeed, especially using PPT's recipe.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
DW's birthday, her choice. Probably the last of this seasons stone crab claws, creamed spinach and lyonnaise potatoes.:yum:

Oh yeh, went to the movies and saw the new Avengers flick. Back home to make shredded beef tacos (Chuck roast with onions, cilantro, garlic, and salt in the slow cooker all day) homemade refried beans, and burritos for supper, with guacamole, chopped tomato, chopped cukes, and hand sliced black olives, oh, don't forget the freshly shredded cheese, and a little hot sauce;).

My belly, and DW's belly, well, they're full, and it was a pleasure filling them.

Chery J.; I'm almost jealous. It sounds like you ate very well indeed, especially using PPT's recipe.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks Chief...it was really good and I highly recommend it! Your dinner sounds wonderful as well - can't go wrong with slow cooked chuck and all the fixin's. :yum:

I fired up the grill early today, and was done with dinner and clean up by 4.

I used powerplant's recipe for carne asada tacos, and it's a keeper! It was delicious. Great marinade, and there's enough of the meat leftover for me to have several more tacos over the next couple of days. :yum:

Your tacos look good! Glad you likde the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom