Dinner 5/6 Wednesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Broke down the turkey carcass today and made creamed turkey with the bits. Will serve over home made herbed rolls. Have an HOA meeting tonight and it is rumored that cake will be served.

What are you eating?

Unusually enough, just a bowl of some Tuscany chicken soup (fresh from a carton!) ;)

I am on a 2 day food reduction stint. Yesterday I was meant to just have a punnet of strawberries for dinner but snuck in 3 oatcakes and cheese also!
eusa_naughty.gif

Last edited:
What was left of last nights stone crab and gumbo from the freezer with rice.:yum:

Got a meatloaf in the oven. Not sure if I'll whip up some mashed taters or skip the starch and just serve green beans and salads.

Tacos again from yesterday's leftover carne asada, reheating the last of the spicy refried beans, and a sliced mango.

Fried chicken thighs, french fries, beer and a salad.

I don't do a lot of deep frying but want to get better at it. So I'm working on my technique. Here the fries were pretty good and the chicken was OK. I need to get a little more aggressive with the seasoning and handle the cooking speed a bit so the crust doesn't get quite so dark.

Attachments

• DSC04888.jpg
    DSC04888.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 177
Date night, we went to Baton Rouge (a local resto). We both had sirloin steaks. They were really good. I may be succeeding at convincing Stirling that medium is cooked enough - steak doesn't need to be well done.

11193229_10155532045900191_8167931029495801493_n.jpg

No dinner tonight, I was too stuffed from tasting the 4 mains and sides I had to make today for the food photographer:

Roasted asparagus, wild ramps, goat cheese, smoked chicken and black bean quesadillas with a tomato dipping sauce.

Chicken cottage pie with morel mushrooms and baby spinach.

Baked rainbow trout with herbed cous cous, wild leek pesto with blanched almonds, and roasted asparagus with lemon butter.

Sautéed wild mushrooms, garlic cheesy gouda potenta topped with a poached egg.

I started prepping at 9, finished at 5:30, had to return some double-smoked bacon (wish I could've kept that) and take care of a customer service issue. It was 7:30 by the time I got home and I still had to edit the recipe changes/adjustments.

Last edited:
Andy...your chicken and fries look scrumptious to me, I like those little crunchy chicken bits. :yum:

Joey...ohmygosh....looks wonderful!

Taxy...that is a great pic. Looks so good. I've given up on trying to get my daughters to try anything less than well done...oy...seems like such a waste of a good steak. :(

CWS, you've been super busy!

Last edited:
CW, you should spend tomorrow sitting and reading...probably a cookbook. ;)

I made a huge Everything Salad. We also went through a selection of sandwich fixin's. Himself used up the last of the roast beast in a tortilla wrap. I used 1/4 pieces of a huge pita, making two quarter-sandwiches. One had tuna salad on iceberg, the other held egg salad with arugula. Snuck in a couple of Keebler cookies as a dessert - fake-out take on Girl Scout Samoas. Pretty darned close.

CW, you should spend tomorrow sitting and reading...probably a cookbook. ;)
Which one, which one?--no time for reading. I did find time to edit the recipes tonight and draft a Chef's message.

I have to hit Chinatown tomorrow. Friday I have to go to the mushroom farm and get mushrooms...deliver them to the commercial kitchen, and Saturday is a day to play in the kitchen with the lads! So looking forward to that. They have both been nominated for a Spirit award! Sunday I'm heading to the farm to pick wild asparagus and plant some seeds.

Last edited:
Not much, I'm afraid. Visiting my mother after work almost every night in the hospital for the last 4 months has really taken it's toll on my eating/cooking habits...last night was a quick hot Italian sausage on a bun with some leftover beans I found in the fridge from a few nights ago. The dishes seem to still be there, though. What's up with that??

Not much, I'm afraid. Visiting my mother after work almost every night in the hospital for the last 4 months has really taken it's toll on my eating/cooking habits...last night was a quick hot Italian sausage on a bun with some leftover beans I found in the fridge from a few nights ago. The dishes seem to still be there, though. What's up with that??

I'm sorry your mother is so ill Rock....you must be her treasure.:flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom