Dinner 5/8/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Have some time to just relax and play in the kitchen today, so we will be having some game hens stuffed with white and wild rice and brushed with galliano,cloves and marmalade, then served with an oj, galliano, thyme, chix broth sauce. A romaine and pine nut salad, steamed asparagus, rolls and pear bread for later.
What have you decided on?

kadesma:)

I'll be there at 5 kadesma! That sounds lovely!

Seriously though, I'm working tonight so the family gets to clean out the fridge. There is some pizza and some spaghetti and some rice. I think there might be a chicken breast in there too. I may leave some hardboiled eggs and they can have a chefs salad and whatever else they fancy.

DH will be coming in the door from work a little late and then dashing right back out to go to a meeting, so I think we'll just do taco salads and fruit tonight.

I'm still eating breakfast :LOL: It's going to be close to 100 degrees today - so It's gonna be quick. I'm thinking along the lines of shrimp, penne & asparagus - maybe a stir fry. Haven't decided on the method, etc. yet. I spent about $200 at the market & the fridge is exploding with fruit, veggies & things I can't even find :LOL: So... so far it's up in the (hot) air.

Hello. I think I"m making a chicken pot pie. Using left over chicken from homemade chicken noodle soup I made last weekend. It's just a simple pie. The chicken is mixed with cream of chicken soup and that is mixed with some vega-mate veggies and milk and s&p. Poured into a pillsbury ready to bake pie crusts. Actually, hannaford brand, but same thing. I always get a YUM YUM from DH for this one 'he he'.

If I don't make it tonight, I'll make it tomorrow night. Every 2 weeks the cleaning lady comes and we sometimes just order subs to make it easier. She doesn't start until 3pm. I'm also visiting a friend this afternoon and have our yearly appointment with our financial adviser.

so it all depends. but the pie is easy as pie to make "lol". as long as you have the cooked chicken. Sometimes I'll cook the chicken in another can of cream of mushroom soup in the crock pot all day. that way when it's time for making the pie, the chicken is all set.

I`ve no idea what it`s called, but I gently panfry some chopped onions in butter, let them cool and then add 2 large diced up chicken breast and a can of cambells condensed mushroom soup and a handfull of frozen peas all into a caserole dish and then bake it in the oven until the chicken`s cooked, this will go with basmati rice.

We're having a Teriyaki Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Spaghetti Squash, and Green Beans Sauteed with Almonds.

i'm not hungry.got enough to contend with ., probably wings.

Last edited:
if I lived by any of you, I'd have a hard decision trying to figure out who's house to invade. dinners sound wonderful.
Old Spaghetti Factory for me for dinner while in Portland Oregon.

We had an asparagus, white bean and sausage risotto. It was good but not great :)

I had Thanksgiving for lunch again: Turkey (dark meat), cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn, chased down with a bottle of San (not Sam. Sam Pellegrino is my fish monger!) Pellegrino. I'll be having some type of green salad with shredded cheese and croutons for supper.

LEFSElover said:
if I lived by any of you, I'd have a hard decision trying to figure out who's house to invade. dinners sound wonderful.
Old Spaghetti Factory for me for dinner while in Portland Oregon.

Hey, if you are anywhere near Wildwood go there for dinner. Or Lucy's Table. I can't remember the street - we visit there a couple times of year and like both those places. I'm thinking maybe 23rd

Having homemade pizza tonight, I just put the dough in the breadmachine and that should be ready in about an hour and 30. I'm about to go make lemonade and i think that i should check on the dough...the bm is alive!!:ohmy:;)

delicious, kads. would luv that pear bread recipe. don't often contend with breads- would cook that! yum, with pear butter, 'bout delicious as a dessert.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom