Dinner 5th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went out for supper to Mozza, an Italian resto in my neighbourhood. Stirling likes it and I had never gone.

It was really good food.

We had the family bowl of "tagliatelle radiatore" (there was no radiatore pasta). This is their description: "Grilled chicken, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, extra-virgin olive oil". It was really, really yummy. I'm going to have to try to make that at home. We had that with Beringer Pinot Grigio. It went well. A red would have been good with this too.

For dessert I had "Chocolate Zabaglione Cake" described as: "Flourless chocolate cake served with zabaglione cream". That was really good too.

We had cocktails before supper. I had a Tom Collins. I had never had one before, so I can't compare. I thought there was too much lemon and not enough gin. There is supposed to be club soda in it, but there was no fizz. I'll try making one more to my liking at home. The one at the resto tasted pretty good, but I prefer to be able to taste the booze in a cocktail.

Finally take a picture of my viddles and we lose power all night, so here it is.

Attachments

• steak dinner oct5.jpg
    steak dinner oct5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 158
Thank you ladies :)
I think I'm finally easing my way out of my cooking slump, or would that be eating my way? :pig:

Hey Pacman! Missed ya when I was gone :(
That looks great as always! What slump!? You slump, never!!!

Hey Snippers, missed you, too, but I haven't been around much either.

I've been in a BIG cooking slump. I have lost foodie status and may have my official taster card revoked :ohmy:
But I'm trying to get back in the swing of things :chef:

Hey Snippers, missed you, too, but I haven't been around much either.

I've been in a BIG cooking slump. I have lost foodie status and may have my official taster card revoked :ohmy:
But I'm trying to get back in the swing of things :chef:

I know the feeling! Felt like that for a while myself. Now I just take a day when I'm free and go shop at markets. Smelling the fresh produce, tasting the first seasonal veg and fruit and taking inspiration from the farmers that make their own biltong, salami, sausages etc. It reminds me of what cooking is meant to be and has given me my mojo back lol!

Back
Top Bottom