Dinner, 6/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: baked potato with sourcream/cheese/gravy/scallions/black pepper & a drink. mmmmmmm.......

bean soup... a mixture of beans,tomatoes, onions, ham or bacon ( haven't decided which one for sure yet),garlic and some chicken broth and a few other spices.

Forgot to pull something out of the freezer.
I guess I'll pull out a ribeye to thaw while I cut the lawn:rolleyes:

Brining some pork chops right now in some brown sugar, coarse salt, soy sauce and a sniff of ginger. Not sure what I'm serving as a starch, but we are having a fresh green salad to go with. Raspberry vinaigrette sounds good on that.

Asparagus and pea risotto (again! But the UK asparagus season is soooooo short that I will eat it as often as I can!)

I'm doing Asian marinated flat iron steak and Jasmine rice. I'll probably side it with some parmesan coated asparagus. [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
[/FONT]

hmmm...I had some Doritos, a cookie and later I'm sure I'll have a bowl of cereal!

Yeah, it's Monday!

making and about ready to serve oven roasted potaoes with herbs and garlic, pork chops in an onion sauce that I changed a little by ading a little sweet marsala, large globe artichokes with melted butter or mayo, tossed green salad with sesame/ginger dressing..leftover Better Than cake:LOL:

kadesma

just finished ... had to repeat last week's beef and mushroom brown risotto
w/ saffron and thyme, beef stock, parmesan

beef cooked with carrots celerey mushrooms and turnips, seasoned with worcestershire and chili flakes

all so good and totally top of stove.

brown risotto (brown arborio) takes about 1hr 15 min, but the flavor is worth the time

I fixed homemade Chop Suey served over white rice with Chinese Noodles sprinkled on top. This is a dish that reminds me of my mom.

Was off today so I actually cooked at home. Did a seared Copper River Salmon for me and Seared Scallps for the GF, both with a sauteed appareil of Yukon Gold Potato, Assorted Japanese Mushrooms, and Watercress, and a Watercress-Truffle Vinaigrette.

Attachments

• copper-river-salmon.jpg
    copper-river-salmon.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 224
  • seared-scallops.jpg
    seared-scallops.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Oh boy, Ironchef. No way would I be up to that on a weekday night. We had tomato salad (a single organic tomato weighing in at 560 grams - 20 oz if I've converted that right - full of flavour and juice), followed by asparagus risotto (I'm with you Ishbel on making the most of it), followed by organic cherries. Scrummy.

I love local asparagus.... it's always a late may/early June treat, isn't it...? Even though we now get it from all round the globe, I try not to weaken and try to only buy it when it's harvested in UK :)

Back
Top Bottom