Dinner 6-14-2019 ~ National Bourbon Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Mmm, Bourbon. Tipple responsibly.

Bourbon is not our dinner, nor is it on the menu. Instead, plans involve another freezer excavation - pulled chicken. Making quesadillas with it, putting a corn-bean-tomato side next to it. Himself's veggies will include red onion, while I'll be happily adding avocado to mine.

What's sup' at your place tonight?

Ham & Cabbage And a Sliced Tomato...

Salad, Simple.jpg

Ham & Cabbage.jpg

Eggrolls baked with a filling of mushrooms, cabbage, water chestnuts, and onion. A sweet sour sauce with an orange kick.

My bourbon consumption has increased over the last few years, as wine just isn't enough anymore.

Dinner tonight was hamberders with cheese on the grill, oven fries.

Last edited:
I thought I already posted my dinner but don't see it here so I'll post it now.

SO ran into some dry sea scallops so we had them for dinner with a cucumber and sour cream salad.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_55fc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_55fc.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 109
What are "dry scallops"? That's the second time I see someone mention those here on DC in, what?, the past week.

Okay, I bought some jerky on National Jerky Day, without knowing it was National Jerky Day. Right now, I am sipping some bourbon, an occasional treat, just like jerky, and I did not know it was National Bourbon Day. What are the odds of that? :huh:

CD

Better than the Rangers (Astros?) or Indians of winning a World Series, cd. ;)

What are "dry scallops"? That's the second time I see someone mention those here on DC in, what?, the past week.
There are dry-pack scallops and wet-pack scallops. The wet ones are placed in a solution that plumps them. The dry are minimally processed and not treated after harvest. The biggest difference is that, while large-looking, wet scallops shrink a lot when cooked once the water is cooked from them. Dry scallops cook up close to raw size. And the flavor of wet scallops can be "off" from the solution. I hope all of that makes some sense, taxy.

There are dry-pack scallops and wet-pack scallops. The wet ones are placed in a solution that plumps them. The dry are minimally processed and not treated after harvest. The biggest difference is that, while large-looking, wet scallops shrink a lot when cooked once the water is cooked from them. Dry scallops cook up close to raw size. And the flavor of wet scallops can be "off" from the solution. I hope all of that makes some sense, taxy.
As a matter of fact, it does make sense.

there are dry-pack scallops and wet-pack scallops. The wet ones are placed in a solution that plumps them. The dry are minimally processed and not treated after harvest. The biggest difference is that, while large-looking, wet scallops shrink a lot when cooked once the water is cooked from them. Dry scallops cook up close to raw size. And the flavor of wet scallops can be "off" from the solution. I hope all of that makes some sense, taxy.

+1

cd

Actually, I had some bourbon while watching the Rangers beat the Reds 7-1 at a local watering hole with good fish-and-chips. Then I went home, took my dog for a long walk, and had another glass of bourbon.

So, dinner was some well made fish and chips, made by Mexican immigrants. Without Mexican immigrants, every decent restaurant in Texas would have to close. I'll leave it at that.

CD

Actually, I had some bourbon while watching the Rangers beat the Reds 7-1 at a local watering hole with good fish-and-chips. Then I went home, took my dog for a long walk, and had another glass of bourbon.

So, dinner was some well made fish and chips, made by Mexican immigrants. Without Mexican immigrants, every decent restaurant in Texas would have to close. I'll leave it at that.

CD
It's not just restaurants in Texas....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2La_ql-Z5o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom