Dinner 6/15/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't even get home til 530 so dinner was potstickers, asparagus and a fruit plate. Weird but it did the job.

I can't believe it's been so long since I made mashed potatoes. Man they hit the spot.

That cubed steak sounds good 'nilla. I never heard of it being cooked in a slow cooker before.

Attachments

• chicken grilled2 6-15-11.jpg
    chicken grilled2 6-15-11.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 172
  • chicken grilled3 6-15-11.jpg
    chicken grilled3 6-15-11.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 171
Thanks, Alix. It was good. If the iced tea added anything it wasn't much.
I always thought the steaming liquid only added a hint of flavor/aroma anyway. Except when it comes to beer steam, which I used to like but not so much anymore. I'll use pretty much anything but beer in my beer can chicken, lol.

The OutDoor Chef said:
Competition Pulled Pork Taco's.

Please stop. I can't see the computer screen anymore without the drool rag.

That looks fantastic!

pacanis... I came across a recipe online for cube steaks in the crock-pot. I haven't cooked them in the crock-pot either. This was my first time. The sauce that this recipe made used onion soup mix. I thought that would be too salty. Plus, it called for 6-8 steaks. I scaled it down for two. It turned out really GOOD! I was surprised. The meat was so moist.

img_1012635_0_ae6668901c4226c99392e8c855290725.jpg

img_1012635_1_1125de3588f2e7515092f9ff0ed2d177.jpg

That does look good, Vanilla.
I'm going to have to give that a try sometime.

I can't believe it's been so long since I made mashed potatoes. Man they hit the spot.

That cubed steak sounds good 'nilla. I never heard of it being cooked in a slow cooker before.
Your dinner looks really delicious! I would love to try that. I guess I never think of anything like that, because it's just the two of us.

Stir fry here tonight. I used some of last nights flank steak and made on Orange Beef stir fry. Oh, and I cooked with the wok on the grill. Soooo much better than using an electric stove. It just didn't get hot enough but this did.
I always love a good stir-fry! Great pictures, Dave.

Wow everyones meals look awesome!! Great pictures.

Our dinner:

Flank steak sliced thin on the bias (seasoned with my all purpose seasoning blend - garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary) then pan fried in EVOO, mashed taters, steamed fresh broccoli and mushroom & onion pan gravy (sliced fresh mushrooms and onions sautéed in the steak fond and butter then flour and beef stock added and cooked till thickened).

img_1012666_0_6e99ef72236a1e7b545149801db41e5f.jpg

Last edited:
Your dinner looks really delicious! I would love to try that. I guess I never think of anything like that, because it's just the two of us.

Thanks.
And it's just the one of me, but that doesn't slow me down ;)
I'll eat chicken for a couple days and freeze the rest if I don't finish it.

i use cube steak for beef chow mien. slice into strips while still a tiny bit frozen. then i let it sit in sesame oil for a bit then into skillet. it is very tender and moist. and i am not eating all the flour etc of chicken fried steak. more often than not the steak is low in price here.

Our dinner:

Flank steak sliced thin on the bias (seasoned with my all purpose seasoning blend - garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary) then pan fried in EVOO, mashed taters, steamed fresh broccoli and mushroom & onion pan gravy (sliced fresh mushrooms and onions sautéed in the steak fond and butter then flour and beef stock added and cooked till thickened).

img_1012806_0_6e99ef72236a1e7b545149801db41e5f.jpg

Hmmm I did something similar for dinner tonight. :)

Wow everyones meals look awesome!! Great pictures.

Our dinner:

img_1012811_0_6e99ef72236a1e7b545149801db41e5f.jpg
Your dinner looks great, msmofet!

Hmmm I did something similar for dinner tonight. :)
Stir fry is quite different from what I made. Yours was probably more healthy. LOL Looks wonderful.
Your dinner looks great, msmofet!
Thank you VB. I needed comfort food - beef, mashed taters and gravy hit the spot. I actually had beef and broccoli stir fry and fried rice planned but changed my mind (a lot of stress yesterday so I changed my plan).

Back
Top Bottom