Dinner 6/15/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's for dinner you guys?

I am currently marinating a London broil in an Asian sesame ginger marinade that will be headed for the grill. A salad and some kind of starch will accompany.

I picked up a chicken at Wally World today. I'm going to try out my new beer can chicken rack with it. Probably have some mashed potatoes and B sprouts with it.

I had "poutine en bleu" for lunch (fries, turkey gravy, bleu cheese--good thing I'm not having my annual physical any time soon!). Okay, it was 9:00 a.m., but when you start work at 4:00 a.m., lunch is early, so I think I'll just finish of the spiked gazpacho I made over the weekend and maybe toast. I have a fresh mango that is demanding I eat it, so that will probably be dessert with some greek yougurt.

Chicken Thigh Sauce Piquant.........
Rice.....
Fresh Yellow Squash and Vidalia Onions.....
Green Beans.......
Sliced D'Maters......
Bread & Butter Pickles.......
Chocolate Ice Cream......

What kind of tomato is a D'Mater, UB?

I love bread & butter pickles. Just picked up a jar last week for my pressed Cuban.

Homemade butternut squash ravioli from the freezer with finely chopped crispy pancetta, browned butter/pancetta grease, sage and a touch of crushed red pepper.

James brought home onions and tomatoes so that we could have hamburgers, but we don't have any ground beef. :wacko: I had already defrosted a round steak, so I'm going to cut it into strips and cook it with canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, soy sauce, and whatever else I find that would be good to throw in, and serve it over rice. I'm a little late starting supper, so James is munching on a little cottage cheese to tide him over. :cool:

That's funny, Barbara.
Gotta have the burger to have a hamburger ;)

My chicken just went on the abomination :rolleyes:
I am absolutely loving this Weber rack for beer can chicken, though mine held iced tea.

Attachments

• chicken grilled1 6-15-11.jpg
    chicken grilled1 6-15-11.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 166
Stir fry here tonight. I used some of last nights flank steak and made on Orange Beef stir fry. Oh, and I cooked with the wok on the grill. Soooo much better than using an electric stove. It just didn't get hot enough but this did.

Attachments

• OrangeBeefStirFry01.jpg
    OrangeBeefStirFry01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 167
  • OrangeBeefStirFry02.jpg
    OrangeBeefStirFry02.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 161
Looks good, Dave.

I didn't even know you could use a wok on an electric stove. I thought there was a warning not to when I got my wok. Or maybe that was don't use the ring...

Looks good, Dave.

I didn't even know you could use a wok on an electric stove. I thought there was a warning not to when I got my wok. Or maybe that was don't use the ring...

Thanks!!

It was probably to not use the ring with an electric stove. But I find the round bottom doesn't work well and it doesn't heat up that well on electric. I just thought I'd give it a shot on the side burner on the grill and it worked great. The wok sat perfectly on the burner grate and got good and hot.

Next thing you know you'll be moving your refrigerator out there :LOL:

Looks good pacanis and Dave!!

I browned some cube steaks in butter and made a salisbury steak-like sauce with diced red onion and gr. pepper. All that went into my little crock-pot. On the side roasted, sliced Yukon Gold potato/baby carrots and rolls. I took a picture. I'll post it later. It's time to eat now!

Last edited:
Potato soup I found in the freezer, wish I had kept the recipe! Good stuff. Goldfish crackers. Never can figure out why I don't write down the recipes..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom