Dinner 6-19-2016 ~ Celebrate Dad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Happy Fathers Day to all Dads and those who fill the role. :heart:

We're having hot dogs on the grill. Potato salad has been melding since late-late last night, corn-tomato-Cojita cheese cold side is ready, I'm about to crack open a can of baked beans to heat. Himself will even have a favorite hot dog topping - raw onions.
sad-016.gif
I hope that is the only crying I do tonight, since we're rooting for the Cleveland Cavaliers in tonight's Game Seven.

What are your good eats for tonight?

We're also having a potato salad. Also, I'm trying the reverse sear method of grilling for the first time on a 2" thick ribeye. Hope it turns out. Corn on the cob and a cold beer will round out the meal.

When it cools down some, we're having grilled rib eyes that have been dry brineing in the fridge.
Glorified salads and Tater Tots (his favorite potatoes) for the Dad will finish the menu.

Thinking of my late dad today with love. :heart:

Andy, please let us know your first time at reverse searing went. I'm usually an outdoor griller but am interested in this method, especially since others here have had such good results with it.

It's HOT here today, so this afternoon's dinner will be a cold plate. Blanched broccoli, carrot sticks, and sliced cucumber with a little ramekin of ranch dressing for dippin', pepperjack cheese and crackers, and chilled watermelon and pluots. A big glass of iced tea with lemon to wash it all down.

Last edited:
I think it came out great!

I oiled it and seasoned it with Weber's Chicago Steak Seasoning then I slow roasted it to 118ºF. Then covered it with foil while I pre-heated the grill to its hottest. I put the steak on the grill and seared it for 30 sec. rotated it and seared another 30 sec. Turned it over and seared it for 30 sec. then rotated it and seared for the final 30 seconds.

One end was medium rare and the other end was closer to rare.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 160
Porchetta with a pork belly and pork loin roast. Sides were roasted potatoes, sauteed swiss chard and glazed carrots.

Loaded salads supplemented with leftovers here. Sure wish I still had my dad. DH's dad is still going strong at 89.

That looks amazing, Andy!

I made shredded beef with Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce in the Instant Pot. Yesterday I made a big bowl of pasta salad with grilled garden squash and red onions, so we had more of that with dinner. More tiramisu cheesecake for dessert :yum:

Andy, I think you got your "hope". That is a lovely steak. I'll take a small slice off the med-rare end, please. :yum:

...Himself will even have a favorite hot dog topping - raw onions.
sad-016.gif
I hope that is the only crying I do tonight, since we're rooting for the Cleveland Cavaliers in tonight's Game Seven...
I ended up crying. Tears of JOY! Un-fricken-BELIEVE-able! Our daughter called after the buzzer sounded and told her Dad she called in a lot of favors to see if she could get him and all dads a Championship for Fathers Day. She must have been owed a LOT of favors. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom