Dinner 6-23-2017 ~ It's Friday! Friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
And where we are it's Hot! and Humid! Thankfully, we have a plethora of leftovers and scads of salad fixin's. I'll make salads for the two of us, then it will be First to the Refrigerator is Best Fed time.

What's going on with your supper?

Thick, bone-in pork loin chop. BBQ beans on the side. I was going to grill the chop, but we hit 99-degrees today with 50-percent humidity for a heat index of 109-degrees. So, sous vide and cast iron it shall be.
CD

Last edited:
Hot and dry here. 100 degrees with 10% humidity, at least it not single digits.
The Cicadas have been singing for about 2 weeks now and the wash that we have to drive over to enter our community HAS WATER!! So it's raining somewhere North of us, YEAH! We need the water!

But I digress...

001.JPG
[file photo]

Aloha Friday Dinner is leftover Baked Ziti (a HUGE pan) that I made for our Landscape crews' lunch. I'll augment our share with some nice TJ's Half-baked idea Ciabatta and a side salad.
DH went out to early lunch with Mister Dear Friend, saw what I was making for the boys and says, "Do I get some that too? It smells so good!" :LOL:

Chicken tenders in bacon pesto cream sauce, served over spinach fettuccine, green salad on the side. Happy to be home to make dinner, as I've been on jury duty in federal criminal court 60 miles away all week. Mrs. T was happy that I made a real dinner tonight, instead of combining leftovers, something that I could quickly, grill, etc.

I got a really good looking package of country-style ribs at the market Thursday. I rubbed them with Penzeys Smoked 4S seasoned salt and grilled them. We had Spanish rice as a side.

We had pan fried loin pork chops finished in mushroom gravy, fresh corn off the cob barely cooked with butter and chives, and spinach salad.

Last edited:
Hot here too, and it'll continue for another couple of months. 111F today. :wacko:
I got lucky yesterday afternoon while I was at the salon for a hair appointment. Roberto, from a fairly local farm, stopped by with his truck full of produce. I bought a couple of avocados, tomatoes, jalapenos, and a dozen farm fresh eggs.

It was so nice to pay for it and have it bagged and delivered to me while I was getting my hair done. :LOL:

So this afternoon's dinner was a bowl of fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, with corn tortilla chips for scooping.

Last edited:
Chicken tenders in bacon pesto cream sauce, served over spinach fettuccine, green salad on the side. Happy to be home to make dinner, as I've been on jury duty in federal criminal court 60 miles away all week. Mrs. T was happy that I made a real dinner tonight, instead of combining leftovers, something that I could quickly, grill, etc.

Oh my, Tenspeed....glad to hear the jury duty is over and you're back home with family and cookin'! Dinner sounds delicious. :chef:

Mmmmm. Do you have a recipe for that delicious bacon pesto cream sauce, or do you just wing it? Sounds amazing. Would love to have the recipe. Thanks.

My anniversary gift to DH was graciously encouraging him to go golfing on our anniversary [emoji38] I stayed home, did some work in the garden and made a fusion dinner of grouper ceviche and caprese salad. It was quite delicious! The grouper was from my favorite independent fishmonger and was absolutely delicious. Tomato from the farmers market and basil from the garden and we're in good shape :yum:

0623172211a_HDR.jpg

We did our weekly Walmart run yesterday and stopped for Chinese take-out for lunch. I can never finish a whole order for one meal, so I always make 2 out of it.

5 pcs. of General Tso's Shrimp, an egg roll, cucumbers & tomatoes, and 4 thin mint cookies.

It was midsummer in Sweden, so lunch was grilled burgers with chips/ crisp and then strawberries. Dinner was smoked pork loin with dill cooked potatoes and herb sauce, salted butter and dessert strawberries, chocolate mudcake ( kladdkaka), whipped cream, icecream and a bottle of wine for us adult and none alcoholic cider for the kid,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom