Dinner 6-26-2019 ~ National Coconut Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Among a few other "Days", today has been declared National Coconut Day. If I have some pineapple juice in my basement, I plan on shaking up some Painkiller drinks late tonight. I've tweaked the recipe from the original, but we like our version better.

Supper will be tacos, both beef and chicken. You see, when I made yesterday's chicken soup, I kinda forgot about the chicken I had set aside. Technically, that makes last night's supper chicken stock soup. I'll shred the chicken and heat it in some salsa verde, and use the ground beef that was going to be beef and mac for ground beef tacos.

What's shakin' at your place?

I made a banana, pineapple, and coconut smoothie earlier. A little rum may have improved it, but that was around 9 am! I saved half for adding some ice to later - maybe I'll add the rum then.

White lasagna with ww lasagna noodles, asparagus, mushrooms, and an oil free plant white mushroom sauce.

The last of the freezer stash of Costco loin lamb chops tonight. Time for another Costco run.
The chops will be be pan fried as usual, with roasted asparagus and baked spuds.

Smoked turkey breast and provolone cheese on small Portuguese roll with lettuce and mayo. Chips and homemade dill pickle spears.

turkey_sandwich_062619_IMG_5943.jpg

We went to a German deli after eating at a German restaurant a couple of weeks ago. They had mini pork shank that had been smoked. I don't remember what she called them in German, but the cut is known as hog wings or pork wings. I heated those up in chicken stock with mirepox and then used that to make gravy for spaetzle. We also had red cabbage.

Among a few other "Days", today has been declared National Coconut Day. If I have some pineapple juice in my basement, I plan on shaking up some Painkiller drinks late tonight. I've tweaked the recipe from the original, but we like our version better.

Supper will be tacos, both beef and chicken. You see, when I made yesterday's chicken soup, I kinda forgot about the chicken I had set aside. Technically, that makes last night's supper chicken stock soup. I'll shred the chicken and heat it in some salsa verde, and use the ground beef that was going to be beef and mac for ground beef tacos.

What's shakin' at your place?

I have several cans of Coco Lopez in the pantry, but no rum. :(

My plan for tonight is Italian sausage, peppers, and onions. I'll let you know what actually happens. :rolleyes:

CD

I made a banana, pineapple, and coconut smoothie earlier. A little rum may have improved it, but that was around 9 am! I saved half for adding some ice to later - maybe I'll add the rum then.

As your attorney, I advise you to add rum to your smoothie. (Hunter S Thompson reference.) :LOL:

I ran up and down the stairs too many times and pooped myself out. Back in January our water heater broke and flooded the basement. The insurance people have been slow. Today, a guy came and put dry wall in the places the previous crew had taken down. So, we ordered Greek food. I had a gyro platter and Stirling had two gyro pitas and an order of fries. It was yum.

Glad to hear the basement damage is finally getting fixed, Taxy.

This afternoon's dinner was leftovers from yesterday - game hen, rice, and broccoli. Sure wish I had some ice cream for dessert. I'm craving it now but not enough to get real clothes on and drive out for it. :ermm::LOL:

Sweet and Sour Seitan.

Adapted from Sweet and Sour Chicken from "The Breath of a Wok.".

Attachments

• SweetAndSour.jpg
    SweetAndSour.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 110
Oh My :ohmy:
All of your dinners look and sounds great!

I was inspired by our Cooking Goddess and found me two
beautiful bone-in Pork Chops.
I did a WWW search and I'm going with The Kitchn's
recipe.

I'll serve it up with some Roasted Taters and TJ's Soycutash
Wish me luck, since I've not had much when it comes to Pork Chops :LOL:

*burp*
IMG_4410.jpg
the end result was delicious!!
We'll do this again, but maybe SHARE 1 chop between us :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom