"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Steve, everything you cook has me drooling.

I had the left over shrimp and sausage gumbo I made last night. As usual it was better than the day it was made. As usual with my leftovers is wanted more salt. Why is that always the case? Salt doesn't go away...This time, rather than adding salt I stirred in a bit of soy sauce and a dribble of fish sauce. The result was outstanding!!!!! I wish I'd have had marmite to add just so I could see what it can do.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I had a tri-tip in the fridge and when I got home from work today the sun was shining, so I thought "I guess I'll grill!"

As I headed out to start the grill, it commenced raining. And raining. And raining. For about 10 minutes straight, it rained hard.

Then it stopped just as suddenly. A few minutes later, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. You wouldn't have known it had rained at all.

So, although I had to wait a bit, I had grilled Tri-Tip and a salad with some Wisconsin blue cheese.

Steve, there's something profound about your post tonight as I know you've been going through a rough patch in life lately. You're post made me happy for you Bud.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #13
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Steve, there's something profound about your post tonight as I know you've been going through a rough patch in life lately. You're post made me happy for you Bud.
Thanks K! You're right! I thought the same thing.

After three months without it, I got my grill back recently. Unlike at the house, it's a major undertaking to use here at my apartment. I have wheel it out of the garage and put it back together, and then set it up in a spot that's 25 feet from any structure (Minnesota law). A few of the neighbors look at me like I have a screw loose, but it's all worth it. I'll have some of them over for a cookout one of these days and they will see what the fuss is about!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I had a tri-tip in the fridge and when I got home from work today the sun was shining, so I thought "I guess I'll grill!"

As I headed out to start the grill, it commenced raining. And raining. And raining. For about 10 minutes straight, it rained hard.

Then it stopped just as suddenly. A few minutes later, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. You wouldn't have known it had rained at all.

So, although I had to wait a bit, I had grilled Tri-Tip and a salad with some Wisconsin blue cheese.

Perfection..
Old 06-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #15
Head Chef

Almond crusted Cutthroat Trout ( just caught) with pears and blue cheese.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Dinner 6-6-2016 ~~ It's Suppertime!

Both things of beauty, Steve and S&P!

Steve, you give me hope for finding tri-tip around here. It's usually a California thing.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #17
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Almond crusted Cutthroat Trout ( just caught) with pears and blue cheese.
Looks great - I love trout!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #18
Master Chef

Looks beautiful Joey, as usual.
I finally got inspired tonight with Mahi Mahi seared from the freezer with a special sauce made on the side to be served over the top...
Butter, shallots, garlic, lemon juice, wine, sun dried tomato's, artichoke hearts.
Fresh spinach steamed with Pesto was the side along with steamed jasmine rice.
Sorry about the picture..it was half eaten.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #19
Executive Chef

The little girls were yowly and feeling neglected, so they voted on Tuna for dinner. Spoonfuls for them, sammies and sliced pineapple for moi.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

We had a couple of yuuuuuge chicken breasts left from last week, so I sprinkled Penzey's Greek seasoning under and over the skin and DH grilled them. I only ate half.

I also picked romaine and leaf lettuce, parsley and mint from the garden to make a couple of yummy salads and toasted a piece of naan in place of pita. Oh, and I peeled some greenish potatoes, boiled them and added Greek seasoning and some herbs. It was pretty tasty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465302266495.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	24878   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465302279682.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24879  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1465302293702.jpg