Dinner 6-6-2016 ~~ It's Suppertime!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I bought a couple of plain-ol' heads of lettuce when they were on sale cheap, so we'll have kinda-wedge salads to start. I say "kinda" wedge because I like to chop the wedge up a little before I dress it. Since I'm not concerned with presentation, I make it easier to eat.

I'm also making patty melts and, maybe, oven fries from wedges of Russet potatoes.

What are your plans for "Suppertime"? (I'm in a silly mood today, and I'm gonna share it with you. ;) Something to watch while supper cooks. Enjoy!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLcJ0yy6zI

That was too cute with Snoopy. We've been dog sitting our little Lucy for a few days, and she loves Supper Time here. Her mom's instructions are some kibbles with a tablespoon of wet dog food but she gets a tablespoon of our dinner with the kibbles.
She acts just like Snoopy.

I'm not inspired for dinner yet so I'll ask Lucy.

Beagle starts reminding me at least an hour before her suppertime. Just in case I forget.

I need inspiration too. Otherwise it might be potstickers, I have some sauce left over from the last time we had them.

Your recipe sounds good, AB!

Edit: DH just called, he wants salad. I have some nice romaine and decent cherry tomatoes. Works for me.

Last edited:
Cajun Red Beans and Rice.

Exactly like cajun red beans and rice.
Except pintos instead of small red beans and
long grain brown rice instead of white and
jalapenos instead of sweet peppers and
"regular" smoked sausage instead of andouille,
and El Tapatio instead of Tobasco.

Cajun Red Beans and Rice.

Exactly like cajun red beans and rice.
Except pintos instead of small red beans and
long grain brown rice instead of white and
jalapenos instead of sweet peppers and
"regular" smoked sausage instead of andouille,
and El Tapatio instead of Tobasco.

I'll bet no one could ever tell them apart.

I had a tri-tip in the fridge and when I got home from work today the sun was shining, so I thought "I guess I'll grill!"

As I headed out to start the grill, it commenced raining. And raining. And raining. For about 10 minutes straight, it rained hard.

Then it stopped just as suddenly. A few minutes later, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. You wouldn't have known it had rained at all.

So, although I had to wait a bit, I had grilled Tri-Tip and a salad with some Wisconsin blue cheese. :yum:

img_1468927_0_b29f8cf87b596d4a45ad998ea74ed175.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, everything you cook has me drooling.

I had the left over shrimp and sausage gumbo I made last night. As usual it was better than the day it was made. As usual with my leftovers is wanted more salt. Why is that always the case? Salt doesn't go away...This time, rather than adding salt I stirred in a bit of soy sauce and a dribble of fish sauce. The result was outstanding!!!!! I wish I'd have had marmite to add just so I could see what it can do.

I had a tri-tip in the fridge and when I got home from work today the sun was shining, so I thought "I guess I'll grill!"

As I headed out to start the grill, it commenced raining. And raining. And raining. For about 10 minutes straight, it rained hard.

Then it stopped just as suddenly. A few minutes later, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. You wouldn't have known it had rained at all.

So, although I had to wait a bit, I had grilled Tri-Tip and a salad with some Wisconsin blue cheese. :yum:

img_1468930_0_b29f8cf87b596d4a45ad998ea74ed175.jpg

Steve, there's something profound about your post tonight as I know you've been going through a rough patch in life lately. You're post made me happy for you Bud. :mrgreen:

Steve, there's something profound about your post tonight as I know you've been going through a rough patch in life lately. You're post made me happy for you Bud. :mrgreen:

Thanks K! You're right! I thought the same thing.

After three months without it, I got my grill back recently. Unlike at the house, it's a major undertaking to use here at my apartment. I have wheel it out of the garage and put it back together, and then set it up in a spot that's 25 feet from any structure (Minnesota law). A few of the neighbors look at me like I have a screw loose, but it's all worth it. I'll have some of them over for a cookout one of these days and they will see what the fuss is about! :chef:

Last edited:

img_1468933_0_b29f8cf87b596d4a45ad998ea74ed175.jpg

Perfection..

Both things of beauty, Steve and S&P!

Steve, you give me hope for finding tri-tip around here. It's usually a California thing.

Last edited:
Looks beautiful Joey, as usual.
I finally got inspired tonight with Mahi Mahi seared from the freezer with a special sauce made on the side to be served over the top...
Butter, shallots, garlic, lemon juice, wine, sun dried tomato's, artichoke hearts.
Fresh spinach steamed with Pesto was the side along with steamed jasmine rice.
Sorry about the picture..it was half eaten.

img_1468939_0_ed491aaca632014a4fb18052979bbb67.jpg

The little girls were yowly and feeling neglected, so they voted on Tuna for dinner. Spoonfuls for them, sammies and sliced pineapple for moi.

We had a couple of yuuuuuge chicken breasts left from last week, so I sprinkled Penzey's Greek seasoning under and over the skin and DH grilled them. I only ate half.

I also picked romaine and leaf lettuce, parsley and mint from the garden to make a couple of yummy salads and toasted a piece of naan in place of pita. Oh, and I peeled some greenish potatoes, boiled them and added Greek seasoning and some herbs. It was pretty tasty.

Attachments

• 1465302266495.jpg
    1465302266495.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 1465302279682.jpg
    1465302279682.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 1465302293702.jpg
    1465302293702.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back