Dinner, 6/8?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be having a curried waldorf salad for sure because I've been craving it lately... i dunno why. I think the crunchy, fresh apples is what is appealing to me at the moment.

I'm still trying to figure out what to pair it with for a protein source. I dont eat meat, except for seafood/fish. I wonder if a fresh grilled salmon steak would go okay with waldorf salad...? Maybe shrimp skewers w/ coconut sauce might go better.. we'll see!

We're having linguini with pesto sauce, sauteed aspargus, and cheesy garlic bread.

Beef stroganoff with onion rice at DH's request, mixed green salad, fried eggplant with a lemon and butter sauce and cheese melted on top and homemade strawberry ice cream and sugar cookies.

kadesma:)

Grumblebee, have you decided on which seafood to go with yet? Both sound good, but having never had a curried waldorf salad, I have no idea.

I'm having dinner at a food court in the airport tonight. Not exactly the yummiest, but all there is before security anymore.

marmar said:
Grumblebee, have you decided on which seafood to go with yet? Both sound good, but having never had a curried waldorf salad, I have no idea.

I'm going to do the shrimp skewers w/ coconut sauce. I think it will go better with the light curry flavour in the salad. It's a beautiful day today as well so it'll be a nice evening to fire up the grill in my backyard and sit out on the deck. I think I'll invite my sister in law and brother over... might as well have some company tonight too!

Change of plans. I was going to grill out but decided to fix the following instead:

Homemade Spagetti
Spring Salad
Fresh Garlic Bread

kadesma said:
Beef stroganoff with onion rice at DH's request, mixed green salad, fried eggplant with a lemon and butter sauce and cheese melted on top and homemade strawberry ice cream and sugar cookies.

kadesma:)

This sounds AWESOME - you have a busy afternoon ahead of you!

Thanks Pds:LOL: Toots, not to bad geeting things done ahead is why I chose the eggplant, It's already fried and on the pan, will put on lemon/butter sauce and top with cheese pop under broiler just before serving..Salad is put together and all it needs is the dressing..I got up extra early today to do this as I have two of the kids coming today so their mommy can clean out her classroom and move her things into a fourth grade room she will be teaching in the fall..Now, gotta check that ice cream:LOL: Be back later.
kadesma

grumblebee said:
I'm going to do the shrimp skewers w/ coconut sauce. I think it will go better with the light curry flavour in the salad. It's a beautiful day today as well so it'll be a nice evening to fire up the grill in my backyard and sit out on the deck. I think I'll invite my sister in law and brother over... might as well have some company tonight too!

That does sound like a good combination now that you kind of explained it.
I hope it turns out delicious.

I had to run some errands today in a neighboring town. So, I took advantage of being in the "Big City" and picked up Chinese takeout on the way home. I had orange chicken, kung pao chicken, broccoli beef, and chow mein.

Buffalo Burgers, with whole grain mustard, thick cut applewood smoked bacon, carmalized red onion, Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, and smoked gouda. All on a poppy seed, butter grilled, kaiser, leaf lettuce and fresh from the farmers market, red tommater. Mmmmmmmmm........I like me some buffalo.

i had adult beverages & cold leftovers. sigh, i can be lonely being in this city.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom