"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.
Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others.
Big huggs to you LP. I personally think this thread is the daily life of the whole forum.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm into vicarious eating too!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Head Chef

Must be "global warming" , too hot to cook! BBQ time!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #15
Master Chef

The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though.
Lets face it CJ, it will never die! When someone gets a bug up there a@s, something new or and posts a pic, we all want to see it.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:26 AM   #17
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.
Ditto.

I might not always post on the thread, but I almost always read it.

Tonight we had grilled flank steak with a Mexican rub. Sliced and served over a bed of grilled onions and tomatoes.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #18
Executive Chef

We had this terrine:

Warm Terrine of Sausage, Peppers, Polenta and Mozzarella Recipe : Mario Batali : Food Network

Except the "polenta" was grits. Steamed asparagus.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef

I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.
We had someone that started it almost daily, while most of us were still asleep. Being she lives in OZ. I believe she was discouraged from doing so to let others have a chance.

Tags
dinner