"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.
Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others.
Big huggs to you LP. I personally think this thread is the daily life of the whole forum.
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,083
I'm into vicarious eating too!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,026
Must be "global warming" , too hot to cook! BBQ time!
__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #15
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #16
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though.
Lets face it CJ, it will never die! When someone gets a bug up there a@s, something new or and posts a pic, we all want to see it.
__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:26 AM   #17
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.
Ditto.

I might not always post on the thread, but I almost always read it.

Tonight we had grilled flank steak with a Mexican rub. Sliced and served over a bed of grilled onions and tomatoes.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #18
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
We had this terrine:

Warm Terrine of Sausage, Peppers, Polenta and Mozzarella Recipe : Mario Batali : Food Network

Except the "polenta" was grits. Steamed asparagus.
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,339
I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #20
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.
We had someone that started it almost daily, while most of us were still asleep. Being she lives in OZ. I believe she was discouraged from doing so to let others have a chance.
__________________

__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.