Dinner 7/10 Thurs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It seems like this daily thread for dinners is approaching the end of its life cycle.

Regardless, tonight was take-out night. We all had Popeyes for dinner. Love their red beans and rice.

I was in the mood to use the crock-pot today, so I threw in some meaty country-style pork ribs and, along with some maple syrup, soy sauce, spices and garlic and onions. By noon the house was smellin' pretty darn good.

We had buttered lima beans, steamed rice, fresh quartered tomatoes, iced tea and Boston cream pie. Needless to say, we were sated.

We had linguine Alfredo and a salad with a garlic vinaigrette. I swapped out the grated Parmesan for Pecorino Romano. Got the Roman on special when I went shopping with CWS earlier today. It wasn't really a noticeable difference. I am having a dessert of "jordbærgrød" (strawberry pudding) with cream. I made that while CWS was here. I probably won't make it again. It wasn't bad, but the strawberry taste was wimpy and those strawberries had had an awful lot of wonderful, strawberry aroma.

I bought 3 boxes of expired sliced mushrooms for pennies, a beautiful crown of broccoli marked for quick sale, and a cauliflower head with a couple spots that was less than half the price of the fresher stuff.

So we had sauteed mushrooms, broccoli salad, and cauli cheese soup with apple smoked bacon. I could have fed an army for less than 5 bucks!

It seems like this daily thread for dinners is approaching the end of its life cycle.

Regardless, tonight was take-out night. We all had Popeyes for dinner. Love their red beans and rice.

Andy, I'm thinking maybe the lack of participation is that it's summer ;). I know I am less inclined to mention what we are eating/cooking if it's just a nice cool salad or maybe hot dogs or something. Hopefully folks will come on back, this is a good thread for inspiration most of the time. That said, I think we are having left over pizza and a green salad,(see not so exciting). Your red beans and rice sounds good, we don't have a Popeye's anywhere near bye, but I think I have seen them in the state somewhere. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I'm working on leftovers. My favorite dishes to make yield at least 4 meals, so I don't cook every day.

Today's dinner was a combination of hamburger onion pie and a small amount of taco meat with mac & cheese.

I impulse bought a rosemary garlic rotisserie chicken today, it smelled so good and I couldn't resist. I nibbled on that and had some sliced fresh tomatoes alongside.

Andy, I'm thinking maybe the lack of participation is that it's summer ;). I know I am less inclined to mention what we are eating/cooking if it's just a nice cool salad or maybe hot dogs or something. Hopefully folks will come on back, this is a good thread for inspiration most of the time. That said, I think we are having left over pizza and a green salad,(see not so exciting). Your red beans and rice sounds good, we don't have a Popeye's anywhere near bye, but I think I have seen them in the state somewhere. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.

Tonight we had chicken wings on the grill that I'm forever grateful to Pac the "wing king" in learning how to do them perfectly after reading multiple posts from him on the subject. We also had yet another basket of marinated grilled veggies that we never tire of, and I humbly believe I'm an expert with them.
Cooking is why we came here, and why I stay.

TB brought me DQ on his lunch break! He didn't want me having to make anything and wanted me to eat something semi-healthy. So he brought me a mushroom burger, fries, ice tea with lemonade and a peanut buster parfait! With my milkshake earlier today I have had my fill! :)

Not in my world Andy. I can live without all the fluff endless threads that have nothing whatever to do with cooking, but the one valuable daily thread I'll never miss is what's cooking for dinner. When all is said and done, I'm here for cooking.

Tonight we had chicken wings on the grill that I'm forever grateful to Pac the "wing king" in learning how to do them perfectly after reading multiple posts from him on the subject. We also had yet another basket of marinated grilled veggies that we never tire of, and I humbly believe I'm an expert with them.
Cooking is why we came here, and why I stay.

I've gotten better at doing wings on the grill thanks to pacanis too. I'm with you on preferring cooking threads.

Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others. :LOL:

Kayelle, I couldn't agree with you more. I try to always catch the dinner thread, even if I don't post because I haven't really eaten anything worth mentioning. I like eating vicariously through the menus of others. :LOL:

Big huggs to you LP. I personally think this thread is the daily life of the whole forum.

The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though. :)

Last edited:
The dinner thread is my first go to when I visit this forum. Pictures are an added bonus, I love to see pics!

I also like to read about what's going on in the lives of other members too, and I like when someone revives an older cooking thread. Lots of times it's something I've been thinking about making, or curious about, and would never know it's here unless someone revives it. But the 'what's for dinner' is always the first thread I look at and if there isn't one, I do try to create one. That doesn't always happen, though. :)
Lets face it CJ, it will never die! When someone gets a bug up there a@s, something new or and posts a pic, we all want to see it.

Ditto. :chef:

I might not always post on the thread, but I almost always read it.

Tonight we had grilled flank steak with a Mexican rub. Sliced and served over a bed of grilled onions and tomatoes.

I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.

I also look forward to this thread. My comment was because no one seems to be interested in starting it as we used to. Postings are down. I see that as a loss of interest by many.

If members enjoy the thread it will be fine.

We had someone that started it almost daily, while most of us were still asleep. Being she lives in OZ. I believe she was discouraged from doing so to let others have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom