Dinner 7-14-19 ~ In 1946, Benjamin Spock's book "Baby and Child Care" is published

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner 7-14-19 ~ In 1946, Benjamin Spock's book "Baby and Child Care" is published

Benjamin Spock

And parents everywhere were armed with a handy butt-smacker. :mrgreen: At least my Mom said that the best way to apply the information in that book was with a gentle swat to the posterior. :ermm:

The only butt getting smacked here is sirloin steak seasoned with...well, seasonings. Simple dinner of baked potato and salad with. Might get fancy with the salad, though.

What's on your menu today?

Leftovers. I made cream cheese bacon and cheddar chicken breasts the other night and tonight I'm putting one on some bread and having a chicken sandwich.

Ratatouilles with the addition of mushrooms, sausages ( beyond meat) and Gnocchi .
Eggplant, zucchini and herbs from garden. ( could have used home grown onions, garlic and peppers, but had some left over store bought stuff that I need to get rid of first)

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 111
Tonight's dinner was a pastrami sandwich and tater tots. Ice cream and hot fudge sauce await for a later dessert.

Still dealing with the congestion and headaches, but it's getting milder. We ordered out. Stirling had a disappointing pizza and I had a delicious Cobb salad.

Airport food today. I had a quick trip to St. Louis today. I flew out of Dallas Love Field, where the food is very good. I started the day will the Quiche Loraine from LaMadeline. That and a cup of their awesome French roast coffee. Yum.

Dinner was at St. Louis airport... at Chili's. How can you mess up a club sandwich? Oh, yeah, it was Chili's. I ate at the bar, and told the bartender the sandwich was not good, and she told the manager. Yet, I didn't get comped on the sandwich. I barely ate half of it.

CD

Last edited:
Eggrolls of mushrooms/cabbage/onions/water chestnuts, orange sauce.

Girlfriend called to invite herself over for supper - she brought all the goodies - I did the cooking. Very simple easy peasy.

Bag of frozen shrimp and scallops for a quick sear in a pan. Served over a smidgen of left over rice. Salad. Very fresh bun grilled for garlic bread.

Delish.

We had a birthday dinner here for my younger son and his wife. They share the same birthday although she was born on his 10th birthday. Little Cheyenne sang for her Mom and Dad..pretty cute.
We had a tri tip done with the sous vide, and finished on the searing burner, along with Chimichurri Sauce, potato salad, fruit salad and coleslaw. The "cake" was this recipe and it was delicious..
https://cookiesandcups.com/company-strawberry-shortcake/

Last edited:
Had Morningstar Fake Chicken (vegetarian) patties with roasted red kale & corn. I told my wife to pull a couple of veggie burgers from the freezer (I had these black bean burgers in mind) but she got the wrong ones. Still they were pretty tasty.

Casey, it sounds like the next time you fly from Love Field, you need to get a to-go bag from La Madeleine's for your next meal too. I saw that they are in VA; we'll have to look for them on our annual trip to FL.

The steak was from the corner grocery store, on sale. Tasty, but we needed our good set of teeth tonight. [emoji38] Time for a trip to the real butcher.

IMG_20190714_203925758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom