Dinner 7-25-2016 ~ Your Monday Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's too hot to cook again. Even though we have central air, it's too hot to cook. I'll suck it up and boil a couple of eggs to put into a cold tuna salad. We'll have tuna melts and big, cool salads for supper. I scored a great deal on clamshell mixed greens and arugula and have to use it up - today is last day of sale and it goes fast after opening. But at a total of 75 cents for the two packages? I've already broken even with yesterday's breakfast (almost-runny egg over arugula with feta and walnuts - yum).

What is your supper plan? If it's butt-in-the-sand/cold-drink-in-the-hand, send me directions. ;)

Nice sea breeze this afternoon, and we're in the upper 70's - about perfect. Turkey tenderloins in honey mustard on the grill, zucchini, summer squash and onions in the grill basket, buttered egg noodles.

GF needs her pasta fix and have a big sage bush I want to use up so I'll make up some brown sage butter and chop up whatever we have between the garden and refrigerator for a salad. Maybe use up a bit of ricotta we have...

Got home from vacation late last night. No energy today after the all day car trip yesterday to get home. Not much in the pantry since we cleaned it out before leaving. I have some links of smoked sausage that I'll fry up and add some tomato sauce to them and cook up some pasta and have a quick spaghetti. Tomorrow I'll hit the grocery and have more options.

Crawfish pie! The last of the crawfish from our last boil. Justin Wilson recipe.:yum:

I'm doing Johnsonville beer Brats tonight the GG way, simmered on the side burner in kraut, beer, sliced onion, grainy mustard, thyme, and caraway seeds, finished on the grill. His will be with big toasted buns, and I'll serve mine in a bowl.
Dinner salads on the side.

Last edited:
High of 110F here today :ohmy:, so not a good day for grilling. I miss it. I can't see that happening for a while, as the weather reports call for the temps to rise to 114F by Thursday. Oy.

I've been using up fruits and veggies, so this afternoon's dinner was a mushroom, asparagus, and red bell pepper omelet, with a nice cold bowl of watermelon on the side. Quick and easy, and hit the spot.

Attachments

• veggie omelet and watermelon.jpg
    veggie omelet and watermelon.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 216
High of 110F here today :ohmy:, so not a good day for grilling. I miss it. I can't see that happening for a while, as the weather reports call for the temps to rise to 114F by Thursday. Oy.

I've been using up fruits and veggies, so this afternoon's dinner was a mushroom, asparagus, and red bell pepper omelet, with a nice cold bowl of watermelon on the side. Quick and easy, and hit the spot.

Perfect... yum

Baby Bro, his family, and I went out for Japanese. My tuna sashimi and miso soup were excellent. Then part of us went to another place, and shared a dessert sampler plate. I'm not a dessert person, but this was wonderful.

Last edited:
I made Alfredo mac and cheese tonight. I don't know why. I liked the sauce, but I found out a little goes a loooooong way. Not sure that I'm going to finish eating the rest of it.

DH loved the seared tuna I made last week so much that we had it again. Marinated it, along with a chicken breast left from another dinner, in soy sauce, oyster sauce, chile-garlic sauce, ginger and sesame oil, then sprinkled with sesame seeds and seared in my cast iron skillet. Also made sesame noodles topped with lightly pickled veggies and served the tuna over romaine. It was quite good :yum:

Attachments

• 1469521201728.jpg
    1469521201728.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 113
I have found over the years, that one cup of uncooked pasta is the perfect size for a single serving for one person. It doesn't matter if it is rigatoni or small elbows. At least for me, it makes for a single serving. And that is all I am interested in. :angel:

I have found over the years, that one cup of uncooked pasta is the perfect size for a single serving for one person. It doesn't matter if it is rigatoni or small elbows. At least for me, it makes for a single serving. And that is all I am interested in. :angel:

Actually Addie, size does matter. ;) For example, a cup of uncooked orzo will yield much more than a single serving, especially by the time other ingredients are added.

Ounces to Cups: A Guide to Estimating Pasta Yield | The Kitchn

Last edited:
Thank you, Joey. :)

GG, wonderful looking seared tuna plate. :yum: Delicious sounding dinners all around!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom