Dinner 7-31-2017 ~ July is over???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by... but I digress. Making tonight's supper went quickly, too. I made a huge bowl of a Greekish pasta and chicken salad, using the chicken Himself grilled when he made the steak on Sunday. Lots of veggies and a bit of fresh dill, a topping of fresh grated Parma-Reggi, and eat it up! I think I'm set with leftovers for the next few days.

What are you having?
IMG_20190731_183912006.jpg

Shepherd's pie, leftover lamb roast, carrots, green beans and a mashies top obviously.

Attachments

• 2019-07-31 18.58.26.jpg
    2019-07-31 18.58.26.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 128
Chopped cabbage, onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cooked down. Served with some fennel spaghetti sauce.

We had thunderstorms blow through just before dinnertime, so I waited a bit to put dinner on the grill. Still got a little wet with the remnants of the storm.

B/S chicken breasts cut into strips in a bottled marinade from Stonewall Kitchen (they make such great stuff!). Sides were leftover pasta salad and coleslaw.

I'll be mostly MIA from the dinner thread over the next two weeks because of SC's "no solid food" instructions as he recovers from gum surgery. He loves my cooking so much, I just can't bring myself to make meals he can't eat so I have to figure something out. Bless his heart, he said it wouldn't bother him, but it would bother me.

Anyway, tonight I'm having the leftover Meat & Cheese Tortilla Pie, and he's having cheesy mashed potatoes and gravy with more watermelon.

I'll be mostly MIA from the dinner thread over the next two weeks because of SC's "no solid food" instructions as he recovers from gum surgery. He loves my cooking so much, I just can't bring myself to make meals he can't eat so I have to figure something out. Bless his heart, he said it wouldn't bother him, but it would bother me.

Anyway, tonight I'm having the leftover Meat & Cheese Tortilla Pie, and he's having cheesy mashed potatoes and gravy with more watermelon.

Now is when you make those foods he hates and you love.

Haaa...the only thing I can think of that he hates and I love is liver and onions with bacon. That will definitely be on my menu one day. :D

I know that I would have no problem with YOU eating that in front of ME. :ermm:

You could soft scramble some eggs in the rendered bacon fat for SC.

CD :LOL:

Last edited:
My Sister sent me a gift box of Penzey's Spices
and I tried this
IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

Grilled Salmon Fillets with Sunny Spain all over,
steamed white Rice and some TJ's Soycutash
:mellow:
DH DID NOT like the fish, but choked it down.
"Let's not make that again, okay?"
I thought it was delicious, all the way around :glare:

LOL kgirl....I love your snippets of conversations with DH. :)

Wishing the SC a speedy recovery from the dental surgery, Kay!

Good looking and sounding dinners here this evening. :yum: I ordered out again :rolleyes:, fish and chips, and cabbage slaw.

Last edited:
I'll be mostly MIA from the dinner thread over the next two weeks because of SC's "no solid food" instructions as he recovers from gum surgery...
Wishing SC a speedy recovery from his surgery. And a quick recovery, too, from having to smell your liver and onions. :LOL: Yeah, I'm not a fan either...

My Sister sent me a gift box of Penzey's Spices
and I tried this
View attachment 35847

View attachment 35848

Grilled Salmon Fillets with Sunny Spain all over,
steamed white Rice and some TJ's Soycutash
:mellow:
DH DID NOT like the fish, but choked it down.
"Let's not make that again, okay?"
I thought it was delicious, all the way around :glare:
Does he like tarragon? I bought this blend and I don't like because of the tarragon. My DH really likes it, though. I use it to make a dip for him.

Skillet Dinner last night ;

Chicken Breast Pieces, Green Pepper, Red Onion, Mushroom Slices, Tomatoes over White rice...

Chicken & Rice.jpg

Back
Top Bottom