Dinner 8-20-2015 ~ Thirsty Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Another hot, humid day, so I'm going through water and iced tea like a crazy person. What? You thought "Thirsty" meant something else? Well, maybe later...:cool:

I'll be re-purposing some of last night's grilled chicken into big supper salads. Thinking along the lines of grilled corn, home-pickled beans, celery, cuke, all kinds of cool foods. I've had a taste for biscuits, too, so I'll bake up a tube of Pillsbury Grands.

What are you fixin' tonight?

Found a small spoon roast on sale at the market today so that's going on the grill. I'll have some steamed green beans and a salad.

Like Medtran, I'm having breakfast for dinner, too. :yum: Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, toasted rye, and probably some kind of fruit.

Thirsty thursday is too right. Mowed the lawn Including my front hill. Uff-da. Afternoon shade in the back yard is perfect for sipping a big glass Ice Tea.

Dinner is rotisserie chicken Asian Salad with veggies - cukes, zukes, pea pods, onion, sweet pepper and mint. Dressing is based on Alton Brown's Asian cole slaw dressing with sesame oil, olive oil, peanut butter, ginger, rice wine vinegar and I don't know about him, but I 'm adding lime juice and a spoonful of honey.

I made a small pot of vegetable beast with barley soup today.

Dinner will be a bowl of soup, cabbage salad and iced tea.

I made some chicken strips with Aunt Bea's recently posted recipe. Made a spinach salad too. Not sure if the chicken will go on top of the salad or on the side.

Hello everybody! Tonight was Rigatoni w/ garlic and mushrooms. Lamb sausage and Caprese
Eq0JZDC.jpg
salad.

Looks great, Rock and Joey! :yum:

Nothing special here this evening, just breakfast for dinner. But it was good.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 120
taxy, I hope you're feeling better soon. Too many nights of not feeling good. :(

Trust me, there was lettuces/spinach under there.

Attachments

• 2015-08-20 21.31.36.jpg
    2015-08-20 21.31.36.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 116
Simple fare tonight, seasoned Great Northern beans, cornbread, and ice cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom