Dinner 8-22-2014 ~ What's your Friday Food Fun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's supper was determined by yesterday's shopping trip. Red, orange and yellow peppers were only 99 cents! The greens were a whole $1.29. Woot! I had potatoes and onions on hand (red and Vidalia in the 'fridge) and found decent-priced Italian sausage in the grocery store yesterday. They'll all go into a hot oven in a few pans (one-layer everything) and then tempt us with their good smells until done. I'm thinking about a salad before hand, but I'm both lazy and chilled from the weather. Pretty sure lazy is going to win. ;)

DH brought home yesterday's United Way fundraiser dinner. Chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, and apple crisp.

Quick but tasty dish. I pan fried sea bass fillets and had them in a crusty grain baguette, (spread with mayo) alongside a wilted spinach salad (with lemon juice).

SO and I are eating various items scavenged from the deep freeze. We'll know what they are when we chisel the ice off.

Tonight's supper was determined by yesterday's shopping trip. Red, orange and yellow peppers were only 99 cents! The greens were a whole $1.29. Woot! I had potatoes and onions on hand (red and Vidalia in the 'fridge) and found decent-priced Italian sausage in the grocery store yesterday. They'll all go into a hot oven in a few pans (one-layer everything) and then tempt us with their good smells until done. I'm thinking about a salad before hand, but I'm both lazy and chilled from the weather. Pretty sure lazy is going to win. ;)

That sounds really good.

I'm not feeling well today, so DH will pick up a pizza from our neighborhood New York style pizza joint.

That sounds really good...
It is GG. In fact, if you and your DH leave now you can probably get to our house by dinnertime Saturday. Yup, that dinner didn't happen tonight, so I've pushed it back a day.

We nibbled all day and so weren't really hungry by supper. I sauteed up an onion, tossed in a couple cut-up hot dogs, then threw in a couple cubed potatoes. Simmer it all and eat. Quick, easy, and just enough for a bite.

Grilled shrimp tacos on lightly fried corn tortillas, with shredded cabbage and cilantro, and topped with a throw together sauce of greek yogurt, sour cream, lime juice, and chipotle peppers with adobo. Sliced avocados on the side.

Last edited:
Turkey nachos for dinner. We had an appetizer of spaghetti squash from my garden. I cooked it up today and we will be having most of it tomorrow, but I mixed some warm with a little bit of fresh shaved Parmesan and cracked black pepper. It was backed with sliced garlic and olive oil. Oh so tasty!

We had the zucchini/ricotta gnocchi with corn, gorgonzola, pancetta that was included in the link to the zucchini recipes posted recently. It was pretty good, actually fairly light for gnocchi with 3 cheeses and cream (no potatoes) and rich enough that you didn't want a whole lot anyway.

Back
Top Bottom