Dinner 8-7-13: What's Food Got to Do With It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Better leggs for better living. Voice that touches. Dinner is for tomorrow even if it is today.

I got a hankering for burritos, grilled skewers, chicken pot pie with biscuts, qucihe, spaghettie, tabouleh and gazpacho. That's what you get for staying up late. Almoast none of this is in the house. A trip to the store. The kids need food too. Or else we'll all be yowling.

I should go to bed. Nice bed time song. Hello, good morning to you all too.

Since I have homemade cream of mushroom soup, I'm making Minnesota Wild Rice Hot Dish. For those of you who didn't grow up in MN, that would be Wild Rice Casserole.

I'm taking a bunch of leftovers; chimichito mixture, corn, black beans and part of an onion and turning it into nachos with cheddar and jalapeno cheese. I just need to pick up the Tostitos.

Since I have homemade cream of mushroom soup, I'm making Minnesota Wild Rice Hot Dish. For those of you who didn't grow up in MN, that would be Wild Rice Casserole.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_wild_rice_casserole.html

Not quite how I make it, but sort of...I use bacon that has been cooked in maple syrup, water chestnuts, celery, and since I have zucchini, added that, sweet potato cooked in the bacon fat and apple, and only 1 chicken breast. I also make a "pilaf" mix of wild rice, barley, lentils, brown rice, and cavena nuda.

Last edited:
HOA meeting tonight, which serves snacks. My pending new next door neighbor and I are hitting up a sandwich and (very expensive) ice cream shop up towards the ski valley before the meeting. Don't know if I will go for sandwich and ice cream, or just for a decadent ice cream concoction. I think I know what will happen.;)

Chicken thigh, tilapia, and salmon fillets are all on sale today so that means it's Yakitori Nite @ Park Drive Bar & Grill (my patio)! Awesome George, and don't forget the beer!

ok...

Last edited:
Leftover turkey, gravy, dressing, and cranberry sauce, cherry tomatoes.

It's Wednesday - dinner out with friends night :) It's also the first Wednesday, so we're going to a different place from the usual: A.W. Shucks Raw Bar & Grill.

A review later? We almost went to one in Charleston SC, then ended up at a very yummy Stick Fingers Smokehouse. I checked for you already...the nearest is probably the one in Myrtle Beach, fwiw.

A review later? We almost went to one in Charleston SC, then ended up at a very yummy Stick Fingers Smokehouse. I checked for you already...the nearest is probably the one in Myrtle Beach, fwiw.

I can give you a review now :) I've been there quite a few times before. It was someone else's turn from our group to pick the place tonight.

They have the best crab cakes I've ever had - you can really taste the crab, hardly any filler - and I love the spicy remoulade they serve with many of their seafood dishes. Their mac 'n cheese is to die for and their side of tomatoes and feta is a winner, too. And the side salad is abundant and fresh.

I don't eat raw oysters, but DH loves their oyster bar - always nice and fresh, and some of the offerings are local, like from the Lynnhaven River and the Eastern Shore.

Personally, I would avoid the mussels. I like mussels but theirs are in a sauce full of paprika, which is very messy to eat. And I've found broken ones more than once.

I'm making baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. Sliced tomatoes and summer pickles. The leftover chicken willl give me something to get creative with the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom