Dinner 9-08-19 - a DC dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Made Kayelle's Chicken Paprika - oh so yummy Thank You Kayelle!

I did make some modifications as I'm going to be freezing some individual meals. So I put the Sour Creme (ok, it's yogurt) on the side and there's a small baked potato under it all.

Of course, I discovered I had no chicken broth, neither home-made nor boxed. I used half mushroom boxed and some tomato juiced from garden. So good, again Thank You Kayelle!

A couple of meals in the freezer - my favourite types!

Aside from Tail-gating, what's everyone else having?

Attachments

• 20190908_181504.jpg
    20190908_181504.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 91
As I mentioned on the tailgate thread, we're having chicken wings, potatoes and salad.

We had leftovers from the Chinese food we ordered yesterday. Almond chicken, Hunan beef, and salt and pepper pork. It was all good, but the promised heat was missing. I do believe that there was some Szechuan pepper in the Hunan beef, because I could feel a bit of heat in the back of my throat, but it didn't have a flavour. We had that with our own brown rice.

Paleek paneer, curried chicken, saffron rice, and cucumber raita. I meant to make Chapati, but ran out of time. The caregiver from Alaska came out and we also made piergi. It was a fun day playing in the kitchen. It was also fun to send her home with some food for the week since she is a also in her final year as an RN student.

Reminder to self... don't forget to look for lactose free yogurt or at least Greek style. Have no idea why I bought regular yogurt. Serves yuh right... moan and groan....

Pasta & seafood.....

39817-albums933-picture8055.jpg
[/IMG]

Going with an Italian sausage, peppers and onions sandwich for the "Stillers" game.

CD

Going with an Italian sausage, peppers and onions sandwich for the "Stillers" game.

CD

A little aside - are you talking about the Pats- Steelers game ? I hear many are taking Pittsburgh for the win - hard to believe.

My 'Hawks' beat the Bengals by the skin of their teeth - they've gotta play better than that. Apologies for the bit of off topic.

A little aside - are you talking about the Pats- Steelers game ? I hear many are taking Pittsburgh for the win - hard to believe.

My 'Hawks' beat the Bengals by the skin of their teeth - they've gotta play better than that. Apologies for the bit of off topic.

Why? Two good teams. Two HOF quarterbacks. Steelers won the last time they met. It could go either way. It depends on who executes the best tonight.

CD

Made Kayelle's Chicken Paprika - oh so yummy Thank You Kayelle!

I did make some modifications as I'm going to be freezing some individual meals. So I put the Sour Creme (ok, it's yogurt) on the side and there's a small baked potato under it all.

Of course, I discovered I had no chicken broth, neither home-made nor boxed. I used half mushroom boxed and some tomato juiced from garden. So good, again Thank You Kayelle!

A couple of meals in the freezer - my favourite types!

Aside from Tail-gating, what's everyone else having?

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it. Just tickles me, honest. I haven't made it in a while so thanks for the reminder. I love it with Spatzle.

Why? Two good teams. Two HOF quarterbacks. Steelers won the last time they met. It could go either way. It depends on who executes the best tonight.

CD

Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I've not thought of Roethlisberger & the Steelers being as good as the Patriots - probably because I haven't watched them or followed them much. I should check on the game now.

Good grief Joey...that dinner is just epic!!!

I'm tired of hot weather food so I turned down the AC and made my Pollo Pisole with my Mexican Cornbread.

Toppings for the Pisole were lime wedges, cilantro and Cotija cheese crumbles.

Baked wings, avocado creme sauce, buffalo sauce, caramelized onions.

Honey cornbread

For desert Magnolia style cupcakes with cream filling.

IMG_2031.jpgIMG_2030.jpgIMG_2032.jpgIMG_2033.jpg

Paleek paneer, curried chicken, saffron rice, and cucumber raita. I meant to make Chapati, but ran out of time. The caregiver from Alaska came out and we also made piergi. It was a fun day playing in the kitchen. It was also fun to send her home with some food for the week since she is a also in her final year as an RN student.
And, forgot, we made kimchi. Her eyes were like saucers when I gave her one of the two half-gallon jars to take home. She took pics of everything we did and sent the pics to her Mom in Alaska. Her Mom wants to know if I will come home with her daughter next time! And, her Mom is going to make tamales this week. The last time the KN was away, this gal and I made tamales.

Back
Top Bottom